Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
December 28th 2009
Published: December 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately today is our last day in Rome. But we've had a good time while here. Yesterday we went to the Colosseum, the Forum, and Palatine Hill. All were absolutely beautiful! There must have been some kind of festival because the streets by the Colosseum were closed off and a lot of people, or maybe it was just because it was a weekend.
So today we took the metro to the Vatican and walked all the way to the top, lots of steps. But the view was definately worth it. After that, we went to the Vatican Meusem's and the Sistine Chapel . We then walked to the Trevi fountain and Mel and Sara tossed in coins, so we're coming back!

Things We Have Learned:

1. Mexico has lots of stray dogs, Italy has lots of stray cats...and pigeons.
2. Mel is dating the pope.
3. Italians think they can cut in line whenever they like, and we Americans tell them they cannot.
4. Dad would probably dislike Italy. (too many people, no space, people cut in line - love ya dad!)
5. The venders on the street sell whatever the weather is like (i.g. umbrellas when it is raining, sunglasses and scarves when it is sunny, and purses when they have nothing else to sell).


Okay so we're not sure where we are will be tomorrow, so we're not sure when the next time we'll have internet is. So just keep checking the blog!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb