The Great Adventures of Helen & Lynn. Vol. 2.


Advertisement
Europe
September 3rd 2006
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

EUROTRIP August 2006.


Me and my formal classmate, Eva decided to go hitch-hiking in August. We wanted to go to Portugal. Unfortunately she couldn't come, so I asked Lynn to join me. Since we could be on the road only for two weeks, we planned our furthermost destination to be Paris, France. It was the first hitch-hiking experience outside of Estonia for both of us.


Monday, 21.08.2006
Tallinn, EE - Kaunas, LT (573.6 km)


We took off at 9 am from Tallinn, Estonia. We waited the first car for about 10 minutes. He took us forward for 30 km or so. Then a Polish truck driver took us nearby the Estonian - Latvian border. From there, an Estonian truck driver took us to Adai, which is about 23 km from Riga, the capital of Latvia. We had lunch in a local gas station. Then we continued the trip to Kaunas. An older Latvian guy took us around Riga, so we would definitely get to the right highway. From there another guy took us near Bauska, which is quite close to the Latvian - Lithuanian border. From there an Estonian truck driver called TRUMM took us straight to Kaunas, Lithuania. Lynn didn't like him, because he had a lot of porn pictures in his truck:D But I thought he was ok. He asked whether we had a place to stay in Kaunas and suggested that we could sleep in his truck if we wanted to. But we already had booked a room in hotel Metropolis (http://www.lithuanianhotels.com/hotels/Metropolis). And he was a bit creepy. So we took our bags and started to look for the hotel. It wasn't very far. We were surprised to see that the hotel was in the centre of Kaunas, because it was very cheap (100 LTL or 450 EEK or 29 EUR / per room including breakfast). We took a shower, changed our clothes and went to eat at a pizza place, which was in the same building. Since we had had quite a long day, we went to sleep after dinner to be prepared for the next day.


Tuesday, 22.08.2006 & Wednesday, 23.08.2006
Kaunas, LT - Berlin, D (976.9 km)


We woke up at 7 am. Our breakfast was in another hotel called Takioji Neris. The breakfast was huge. I've never seen so much food in a 2 star hotel. Seriously. After breakfast we headed out to the highway. It took 2 minutes and we were on our way to Marijampole (55 km from Kaunas). Near Marijampole 3 Polish guys took us on. It turned out that they are from Gdansk, Poland, but they work in Tallinn. It was really difficult to communicate to Polish people, because they speak only Polish. We tried to speak English and Russian with them, but very few people understood us. Eventually, after two weeks, we already started to understand Polish😊 These guys were very friendly and at least they tried to speak in Russian to us. Lynn is better in Russian than me, so she talked to them most of the time. They took us across the border to Poland. From there, we both bought the map of Europe. Just in case:D I don't know why, but neither of us thought of bringing a map on the trip. We had signs with our destinations, but no map. From the border a truck took us to Suwalki. We told him that we need to get to Berlin by that evening and he started laughing. Most of the trucks go through Warszawa and there are huge traffic jams there. So, basically he told us that we would be lucky if we got through Warszawa by the end of the day. We didn't quite panic, but we did get a bit worried. Since we needed to stay on the right highway, our truck driver called some other drivers with his walkie-talkie and we got another ride starting from Suwalki. This guy took us really far. All the way to Konin, which is approx. 470 km! We took turns on sleeping. Since there is a law that only two people can be in the truck (because of the seat belts), one of us had to sit on the bunk bed and every time the driver noticed a police car, we had to pull on the curtains. When we got near Konin it was already quite dark outside. Luckily, one Polish guy stopped and took us 40 km from the German border. It was really dark by the time we got there. Since it was a gas station and a guesthouse, there were a lot of trucks. The shitty thing was that most of the truck drivers were sleeping. I don't know for how long we tried to get on a truck there, but it must've been 30-45 minutes.
Finally we just went on a truck and said that we need to get to Germany and we don't care what the driver thinks😊 And it worked. The driver was again very friendly. Only problem we had now, was that Lynn had to take off her contact lenses, so she needed to wash her hands. We tried to explain that to the driver. At last he understood and took a bowl out of nowhere and some soap and water also. It was really funny. He had a "why-didn't-you-say-you-needed-those-things-at-the-first-place" look on his face. There was a long queue on the Polish - German border. Just a couple of kilometres before the border, I had to go to another truck just behind ours. And some kilometres after the border I was reunited with Lynn:D We fell asleep. At about 4 am we arrived near Berlin, Germany to a place called Altlandsburg. Actually it was some km-s away from this town, at a gas station. We asked the gas station ladies directions to Berlin. They told us to go to Altlandsburg and get on a bus to Berlin from there. So we walked and walked. We couldn't find the place. We even thought of sleeping on a field, but we kept on going. We finally found the town and the bus-stop. When we got on the bus, it felt like we hadn't been among people for ages😊 When we got out of the bus, we had to go on S-Bahn. We bought a one day ticket (Tageskarte), which costed about 6 EUR. I think we arrived in Berlin at 9 am. We were staying at my father's friends place. His name is Hans. His main sentence in English was "no problem". He had a huge 3-room appartment in the centre of Berlin. First of all, we took a shower and then we got some hours of sleep.
After sleeping, we went to discover Berlin. Of course we went to see the gate of Brandenburg. We mainly just walked in the centre. I don't think we did much of sightseeing except for the gate, the main street called Unter den Linden, Alexanderplatz and probably a few other places. After another long day we went to a nice quiet pub, where Lynn had a cider and I had some of Germany's famous beer. Then we went back to Hans's place. He owns an Italian restaurant called Chiaia (Eisenacher Str. 38, Berlin 10781). We just went to get the keys to the appartment, but he insisted we'd get something to eat. We didn't argue, because we were hungry. There are so good dishes in that restaurant. And everyone is so nice. After eating we went to sleep.


Thursday, 24.08.2006
Berlin, D - Meerbusch, D (590 km)


In the morning, we had a small breakfast and Hans took us on the highway. It took us a while to get on a truck, approx. 40 minutes. But when we got on a car, we got pretty close to our final destination of that day, which was Meerbusch. This car took us near Krefeld. It was the fastest drive ever. We went with 240 km/h at some times! It was like flying. From there a truck took us to Geismühle gas station. I had talked to one guy, Jan from HospitalityClub about staying at his place for one night. He met us at this gas station and we went to his place. He lived with his parents in this small town Meerbusch. We stayed in the basement. It was really cool to stay in a small town and get to know the local people. We settled in and then went for a walk. We met one of Jan's friends, I hope his name was Tim (sorry, it's been a while) and went walking around this town. They took us by the river Rhine. It was really cool. Then we went back to Jan's place to drink some more of German beer. We stayed up for quite a long time just drinking and talking. Those guys are awesome. I'm going to advertise their band also: it's called Sick'n'Satisfied. I tried to find their web page also, but for some reason I couldn't..


Friday, 25.08.2006
Meerbusch, D - Luxembourg, L - Paris, F (~710 km)


Jan's father took us to the highway near Cologne (Köln). From there a guy took us to Echternach. He was most likely Turkish and all the way there he told us about his kebab place and that we should come and try his kebabs. We had to politely say no, since neither of us likes meat very much. Echternach was a really small place and we thought we'd never get out of there. Plus it was raining. But as soon as I got my thumb up, a sportscar stopped. The driver was a really shy young guy. But he was really friendly. We said we wanted to go to Luxembourg. I didn't specify that I meant the capital😊 He just went to Luxembourg (the country) to get gas, because it's cheaper there. Since he was really cool he took us to the capital. He drove extra 30 km just for us.In Luxembourg we did some sightseeing. It's such a beautiful city. Unfortunately we spent there only about 3 hours, because we had to get to Paris by that evening. We explored the Old Town, ate in McDonald's, bought some postcards and magnets. Then we walked. And walked. Main places we saw were Palais Grand-Ducal, Place d'Armes, Pont Adolphe, Petrusse Valley, Cathédrale Notre-Dame, Banque de Luxembourg, Place de la Constitution, Hôtel de Ville. Finally we asked from a bus driver if he could show us the way to the highway. The bus driver told us to stay on the bus and we didn't even have to buy a ticket. We got of at the final stop. We started to hitch-hike again. After 10 - 20 minutes a car stopped. A woman with a child picked us up and she took us to a nearby gas station. She took us to her car, because she thought that noone else would've stopped there. We were really grateful. People in Luxembourg were all very nice.
From this gas station we got on a car really quickly. Two French guys were in this car. I thought that this car is going to fall apart after some kilometres. Those guys didn't speak any English, so I had to speak French. I wasn't very good at it in the beginning. I hadn't spoken French for some years. I was quite worried during the time we spent with those young men. I try to avoid being in a car when the driver is drunk. But they were smoking weed instead. Otherwise it was ok, but I didn't like the weed part. At all. So, as soon as possible, I told them to drop us at the next gas station. From there, a French woman picked us up. She was quite young also. She worked for some institution that works with children. She took us forward about 40 km to another gas station.
We saw some French hitch-hikers at the gas station. One girl and one guy. They were going either to Lyon or Paris. They didn't care. It was very strange that they told us something like "don't try to get on a car before we do". We started to walk towards the highway and immediately a car pulled over. There were 3 girls: 2 French and a German heading to Normandie or Bretagne. They were really funny. And they spoke English! The German girl was a bit weird, though. But we had fun. They were playing a sort of a game with some French guys. They drove past each other all the time and made faces etc. One time two of three guys (someone had to keep the car on the road) literally showed us their asses. It was hilarious:D Then the guys put their phone number on their back window. One of the girls called him and they were talking for a while about who's in the car and so. She said that they had 2 hitch-hikers going to Paris. It turned out that the guys are going to Paris also, so we switched cars. Simple comme bonjour. These guys didn't speak English, of course. So I spoke a lot of French and translated to Lynn. They made jokes all the time. It was a quite pleasant drive. They took us basically to centre. We went on a metro from there. We arrived to Paris quite early. Maybe even 5 pm or something like that. I remember the sun was shining. We were supposed to meet my former classmate, Juna, who has been living in Paris for almost 3 years now. She studies at Sorbonne and works at a theatre called Le Méry. We went to the Place de Clichy where the theatre is situated. I saw my classmate after a long time. She's cool. She gave us the keys and we went looking for the appartment. It was close to Place de Clichy and also to Moulin Rouge. The appartment was small, but cozy. It had a great view over Paris since it was on the 9th floor. When I looked out of the window, I could see the Eiffel tower. We took a shower, changed our clothes and went wandering around Paris. I wanted to go to the main places where I went 3 years ago with another friend of mine, Mariel, when we stayed in Paris for 10 days and worked in Marseille, as volunteers for 3 weeks. So we started to walk to the centre. On our way to the centre there was one guy who said he can walk with us. We went to Place de la Fontaine, to the banks of the river Seine and to one bridge. The guy came with us. Then, since we figured it had been another long day, we decided to go home. So, we said bye to the guy and he was like "what do you mean you're going home?". Huh? It turned out he was looking for "fun night out with the girls". We refused. He got really mad. I mean he was furious. Wtf? I basically told him to fuck off. This was the most unpleasant experience of our entire trip. We didn't really care, but it was still unpleasant. We started to go home, got lost, found our way home and went to sleep.


Saturday, 26.08.2006
Paris


We woke up and went washing our clothes to a local laundry room just across the street. Neither of us had never been to a place like this before. My friend Juna came there with us. After that we went to Montmartre and to Sacré-Coeur. We walked around Montmartre and had lunch in a typical French café. It was nice. We also checked out some souvenir and art shops.
Then we went walking on the street Moulin Rouge is situated. And then we went to visit Juna in Le Méry theatre. We asked her some advice on where to go out. We wanted her to join us, but she had to work.
We went to a minimarket and bought some wine. I think I bought some beer also. I probably did. Damn that wine was good. Juna told us to go to a Irish place called O'Sullivans. She said that it's right next to Moulin Rouge.
When we got home, we ate something and started drinking. I don't know how it was possible, but we got drunk really fast. We started to go to the party. It was quite difficult to get downstairs from the 9th floor. We were seriously wasted, we started to argue and talk about things that disturbed us. We got so carried away that we didn't even notice that we were in a completely wrong place. So we went back and found O'Sullivans. We had passed it before:D The party costed 10 EUR, I think. A "free" drink included. We drank some more and talked about stuff. And then they played Nirvana, which meant that we had to dance. So we danced. I danced also with a cute French guy. Then there was this older French guy, who tried to tell me something all the time, but I couldn't understand. Then he yelled that he liked my blouse. That's all he wanted to say:D So we had a couple of drinks more (read: I had a couple of drinks more) and went home. It was a lot more difficult to get to the 9th floor then it was to come down from there. But thanks to the wine we had a good night sleep.


Sunday, 27.08.2006
Paris


This was a long day also, even though we weren't hith-hiking. This was the ultimate Paris walking tour. We started from Place de Clichy. Then we went to Place de la République. There was some kind of a rollerskating event. A lot of rollerskaters. Since I had some good memories from Place de la Bastille, we went there also. From there the obligatory Hôtel de Ville, Île de la Cité with Notre-Dame, Conciergerie, Les Halles, la Fontaine des Innocents, Le musée du Louvre, le Jardin des Tuileries, Place de la Concorde.
From there we walked to Arc de Triomphe along the world-famous boulevard Champs-Elysées. It was quite a walk. If you would see the map of Paris right now, you'd understand. Of course, there's more. From Arc de Triomphe we went to la Tour Eiffel. We sat on Champ de Mars and just looked at the Eiffel tower. We were there for a while and then started to head back. I wanted to go to Ile Saint-Louis and even though she was tired, Lynn came with me. We walked all the way back to Hôtel de Ville. I adore Ile Saint-Louis. Good memories again. We went there and just sat there for a while. Some nice guys came to talk with us. They were just being nice friendly, not like the Friday night guy. We talked and smoked some Moroccan shit. Which was goood.3 years ago I went to the same place with some guys who were playing guitars and singing Nirvana songs. One of the guys, who we called Teddy bear, was still playing guitar on the same spot. It was really cool to see him again. I'm sorry I didn't speak with him. After sitting on the island,we went back home to pack our bags and prepare ourselves for the next day.


Monday, 28.08.2006
Paris, F - Amsterdam, NL (530 km)


We woke up early. I gave Juna's friend her appartment keys and we took off. We got on a train to Orry-la-Ville, which costed 8.40 EUR. We knew that the highway A1 went from there. We were wrong.. So we asked a bus driver how to get on the highway. He explained it to us, but he eventually felt sorry for us, so he took us there for free. To a place called Senlis. From Senlis one guy took us further about 10 km. And from there a truck picked us up. We drove past Lille, France and Gent, Belgium. From Gent we got on another car. The driver told us he was going to Antwerpen. He didn't speak any English or French, only Flamish and Turkish or something like that. He turned into the city of Antwerpen and we told him to stop, but he wouldn't. He stopped in front of the railway station and told us that hitch-hiking is bad and we should take the train. We were so pissed off. Fucker. We started to ask people how could we get back to the highway. It seemed noone was local there, because noone knew anything. There were two Polish guys who said they could take us to Amsterdam, but they'd leave in 1 or 2 hours. Can't remember. So we figured that we won't waste any time and start finding our way to the highway. We got on a bus and asked the bus driver for directions. There was an older guy on the bus who was very nice and tried to speak to us and help us. Unfortunately we couldn't understand him. We waited for a car quite long. Finally a younger guy picked us up and took us to a place where we would have better luck with hitch-hiking. He was cool. Really shy, but cool that he tried to talk to us. He was a bit surprised that people still travel by hitch-hiking, especially two girls. It seemed to be the main question during the two weeks : "Aren't you afraid to hitch-hike?" "No."
Then a truck picked us up. We were somewhere near Rotterdam (77 km from Amsterdam) when it started to get dark already. We almost freaked, because noone would take us on, because they just didn't see us. At last we saw a truck stopping. And what do you know! Thuse were the same Polish guys we had met in Antwerpen. It was so funny. They were older men. One of them said with a heavy Slavic accent: "We drive, we look.. Girls!". The way he said it was so funny. They were the only Polish drivers who at least tried to speak English. They had some good music in their laptop also. à la Cindy Lauper "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Which was already then kind of a anthem for me and also for some of my friends. We got to Amsterdam quite late. They took us to a street called Cornelis Lelylaan. That's where we were supposed to meet my mom's friend, who lives in Amsterdam. Kadri picked us up from a gas station and we drove to her place. It was good to see her and her son after a long time. We took a shower, talked about stuff and got something to eat. I love Dutch cheese. Seriously. We had some cheese, which was over ten years old! It smelled awful, but tasted so good. Then we went to bed.


Tuesday, 29.08.2006
Amsterdam


We woke up and had some breakfast. And went exploring the city. Martin, Kadri's son came with us. Instead of taking the bus, we decided to walk. Of course. It was sunny at first, but then suddenly it started to rain. And then there was the sun again. And then the rain. And it was the same almost whole day long. Martin went somewhere after awhile. We got to the centre and did some shopping on a street called Damrak. We mainly hung around the Central Station and the Old Town. Of course, we also went to a coffee shop😊
I think it was called Bulldog or something like that. We ate a spacecake. It costed 6 EUR and looked like a regular muffin. We sat there about an hour and since it wasn't working we decided to prevent "the munchies". We went to McDonald's. That's where it all started. We finished our meal and suddenly Lynn started laughing. I was like "what's going on?". She just laughed and said that she can't move her leg. When she finally got up she just couldn't move and stop giggling. Then I started laughing. We were officially high. Everything was funny. When we got to the street, it was really weird. It seemed that everyone was staring at us. They probably weren't, because they should be used to stoned tourists there. We went to see the Red light district. It was quite early, so there wasn't much going on. A lot of tourists. We sat on a bench near a canal and just talked and laughed. Some tourists groups went passed us and I think they were laughing at us, but we didn't care. We stayed on that bench for a while😊
Then we went to a bar nearby the Red light district. We sat outside. There were some British guys also. Then, suddenly around the corner came a guy with a dog and the dog just pooped on the street in front of us. And the guy didn't clean it up. Since we were high and the British were probably also, our main entertainment became watching whether someone would actually step into the poop or not. It was hilarious. Finally, one guy in a suit stepped into the dog poop and we just laughed. Then a woman from the bar cleaned it up. But it was just so funny. When it became darker we went to the Red light district again. It was kind of a unique experience. Most of the prostitutes I had seen so far in big cities had been old and ugly etc. In Amsterdam the girls were really young. There were a lot of tourists. Then we went back home. I was a bit afraid to talk to Kadri, because the spacecake was still working. But we talked and ate and went to sleep.


Wednesday, 30.08.2006
Amsterdam, NL - Kolding, DK (~800 km)


We woke up early, since initially we had a plan to get to Copenhagen, Denmark by that evening. We had breakfast and Kadri's husband took us to the highway.
We got on a car, which driver was really cool. He told us all kind of stories of hitch-hiking. He also couldn't believe that people were still travelling that way. He also has a blues band. They occasionally perform in a place called Bluescafe, which is in Apeldoorn, NL (http://www.bluescafe.nl). He took us quite far, near Hannover, D. From there, a young guy picked us up. He was funny. He was going to Kiel, D, which was on our way. He was taking her girlfriend some furniture. We spoke to him a lot. In Kiel we made a short stop. He took the furniture to his girlfriend's place and then we went up north. It turned out that he lives in Flensburg, which is exactly on the border of Germany and Denmark. Until Flensburg it was good. From there it was more difficult. We got to somewhere near Kolding with one Swedish guy who was going to north of Denmark. And that was it.
The bad thing was that we had accomodation planned through HC (http://www.hospitalityclub.org). I had to cancel it. Anyway, we had no other choice but to sleep in a public toilet. We would've slept outside in our sleeping bags, but it was cold and raining. First, we tried to get on trucks, but it was hopeless. There were some guys stopping, but they had no room in their cars. The truck drivers were sleeping. One guy gave us the finger. Told us to fuck off. Nice! So we took our things to the "ladies room" and washed our hair in the sink😊 One older German woman came to the toilet. Lynn was already in the sleeping bag. I had luckily bought some beer near the border. I drank beer. This woman was very kind to us. She would've taken us to Germany, but we needed to go towards Copenhagen. Then a hippie girl came to the toilet. She was surprised to see people sleeping in the toilet. I went outside and saw that she was with her friends with a hippie VW van. I think they were probably heading towards Christiania, the famous Freetown of Denmark (http://www.christiania.org). I would like to go to that place too. Unfortunately it's being torn down. Then there were some other people passing through our toilet😊 I first thought that I won't sleep and keep an eye on our stuff, but I still fell asleep. I was too tired.


Thursday, 31.08.2006
Kolding, DK - Malmö, S (~230 km)


This day seemed the most hopeless day in its beginning. We woke up somewhere between 6 and 7 am, because a cleaning lady came in and started to scream at us. "This is not a hotel, this is a toilet". NO shit! She basically kicked us out of the toilet:D Like we really wanted to spend more time there. Then we had a small adventure along the highway. Noone would pick us up. Denmark is officially the worst place to hitch-hike. Then Lynn spotted a car by the highway. We weren't quite sure whether he had stopped there for us. There was something wrong with his car. But we were desperate. Lynn told him that we were in trouble. His was from Iraq, but had been living in Denmark for some years. He was really kind to us. He helped us a lot. We went to a small town to find out the timetables and prices of ships and trains to get to Stockholm. The prices were really high. So he said he'd take us to Odense. He bought us some breakfast. We told him we had spent the night in a toilet, so he figured we probably hadn't eaten anything.. Instead of just taking us to Odense, he took us around 60 km further, since he had nothing to do😊 It was a nice experience. From there, also a really nice guy picked us up. I fell asleep instantly. Lynn talked to him a lot. He was going to Malmö, Sweden. His whole car was full of Pepsis. Lynn asked him about it and he said that his wife had a baby some 6 months ago and since then he hadn't had any sleep. So, he drank Pepsi to keep him awake. Lynn tried to comfort him that he'd get some sleep soon, because the screaming at night period would soon be over. But he told us that it wouldn't be over, because his wife was pregnant again:D He was cool. Again a person who had hitch-hiked in his youth. He also told his wife that he has some hitch-hikers from Estonia in his car. He had to take some things from Copenhagen's airport. We were chilling outside on the grass and drinking Pepsi:D It turned out that he wasn't going to Malmö after all, because there had been some mix-up. He showed us the way to the train to Malmö. It's only ~20 km from Copenhagen to Malmö. We went on the train. We were in Malmö by 2 pm. We bought something to eat at the train station. Since we knew it was pointless to hitch-hike in the Scandinavian countries, we decided to go to Stockholm by bus (it's over 600 km from Malmö to Stockholm). The thing was we had 8 hours to hang around Malmö. It is a cool town, but 8 hours! We mainly hung around in a café. Surfing in the Internet, having a latte and some beers. Lynn had a cider. Malmö's old town was small, but I liked it. The main sights that I can remember were Stortorget, the City Hall, St. Petri Kyrka, Lilla Torg, Gamla Väster. Our bus left at 22.05. Bus ticket to Stockholm was 435 SEK (~47 EUR). We were very tired. We talked to an American guy, who lives in London. He was pretty interesting. We couldn't sleep very well.


Friday, 1.09.2006
Stockholm, S - Kapellskär, S


We arrived to Stockholm really early. Lynn's friend who lives there came to meet us. It was 6 am. We went to his office, which was in the centre and took a shower. Then we went to eat some breakfast in Robert's Coffee. We went to some shops and walked around town. I went to my favourite skateshop in Europe and bought me some Marc Jacobs Vans shoes. I had been waiting for this purchase the whole trip long😊 Mainly in the shopping area, but also in Gamla Stan, the Old Town. It wasn't that interesting for us in Stockholm, since we both had been there more than a couple of times.
Our ship from Kapellskär, S to Paldiski, EE went at 8 pm. Lynn's friend was kind enough to do some research on the buses going to Kapellskär. When we were waiting for the bus, we met two Estonians. They came from Norway. They were also hitch-hiking. They had stayed in the north for 3 weeks or so. Since they didn't have a cabin on the ship and we had 4 beds, they stayed in our cabin. We had dinner on the ship and some drinks with our new friends. Can't remember their names, though. And then we went to sleep.


Saturday, 2.09.2006
Paldiski, EE - Tallinn, EE


We woke up and got off the ship. My dad came to pick us up. It was one of the easiest hitch-hikings we did:D
When I got home, I got some sleep. And in the evening I went to the MTV launch party in Club Hollywood and then to a bar called Levist Väljas. It was good to be back home.


Conclusion


I love hitch-hiking! I'm going to hitch-hike again in summer 2007. This time probably to Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, France, Spain. We met so many different people and had some crazy adventures. It was great! Even the times it was quite tough. The main thing I liked it was probably the meeting new people part. You just don't get the feeling when flying with airplanes. Plus the occasional adrenalin rush. And the spontaneity. Damn. I already want to go to another hitch-hiking trip.

Some advice. Never go hitch-hiking in Scandinavia. People just don't like hitch-hikers there. Or maybe we just weren't lucky.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb