Woke Up in London Yesterday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
August 18th 2014
Published: August 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Took a train to the city near Picadilly. Don't really know how I got to (t)here. I got some pictures on my phone...

Honestly, this entire trip has been cliches and songs left and right (I can't even tell you how many times the phrases "When in Rome..." and "Rome wasn't built in a day" were said when we were there). The quoted song to open this one is also fully accurate, at least for those opening lines. I have no idea how the train got to London, but we were near Picadilly. And I do have a lot of pictures on my phone.

Anyway, today we had a wonderful day of sun which was then not sunny and then started raining and the weatherman had apparently lied to us. Oh well. We started it off by heading to the London Eye, which gave us amazing views of the city. From there, we wandered in the general direction of Covent Gardens, which is a great shopping area of the city. We met up with one of Marie's old friends for lunch, where I of course got the classic fish and chips.

He then brought us to the British Museum, which is both free (which is wonderful in our situation) and quite cool. It had artifacts from every point of the earth from a range of human history. Iran and Persepolis to Nunavut and Igloolik. The (apparently) most famous chessboard in the world is there, and the Rosetta Stone. Casually sitting in the middle of a room without any major markings.

It was quite a cool museum to see, though, and it was a great way to close out our time in London. We headed home early to pack and make dinner. After which we played a few games, then headed off to bed, as we have to be out of the house at 7:15 tomorrow. Yikes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Rosetta StoneRosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone

If you don't know, this is what allowed us to decipher heiroglyphics, which allowed us to learn almost everything we know about ancient Egyptians


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb