Goodbye, London


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A380s at HeathrowA380s at HeathrowA380s at Heathrow

I'm just super excited about this because I'd never seen one and they're huge
Hello, Paris! Another day of travel. These come more often towards the end of this trip, if you haven't noticed.

I woke up early this morning to take Marie's dog Beau on a run. It was actually fantastic; I didn't know the area, but he knew exactly where to go, so I was able to just follow him. He obviously enjoyed being out in the woods, and I wasn't complaining about having a guide.



We then flew out of London on an early flight, but due to time difference and some serious delays at both Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle, we didn't actually get to our hotel until about 3. We're staying in an apartment the hotel owns. When I say apartment, I don't mean a presidential suite. I mean this is literally a flat in an apartment complex that we're getting through the hotel. It's got a kitchen, a living room, 2 bathrooms, etc. It's great for a group this size, and should be a lot of fun to hang out in.



After dropping off our bags and grabbing lunch, we took the chance to head over to the Eiffel Tower and a walk along the Seine. We found dinner at a nice corner restaurant, where we of course got the good French food we expected (i.e. french onion soup and steak). We then headed back to the hotel, where we played some games until midnight, because it's then Samii's birthday! We of course had to celebrate, and we will be celebrating more tomorrow. By visiting the catacombs. What better birthday present than a bunch of dead people?


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb