Wrexham County Borough 135. - Wrexham is the name/The man in the bathtub/was it the Boss that did it or the mention of the MLS/Tranmere/Grim Grimsby and the stags are falling apart again .


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Wrexham
March 30th 2024
Published: April 6th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Heavens where do you start ? So many hits on my last blog . I am sure that readers did not dip in to hear about our small city. THEY would not have been fan club awaiting every word I uttered . Perhaps a few Americans did tune in if they followed Wrexham AFC. Was it the Boss ? Did readers expect the latest news on Bruce Springsteen? Or indeed were they whiskey drinkers and homed in to the Four Walls ? I read and reread the title and wished at times that anyone reading it might say they accidently fell upon it and it was not what they thought. Or perhaps they were fans of Mr and Mrs Met and the MLS? . I was at a loss to understand why this particular blog got so many hits . Perhaps this one will attract the Wrexham fans? Or will it be someone with a fetish for bathtubs or d i y bathrooms ? The boss again might bring the hits in and then well will Tranmere or Grimsby fans of football pick it up. I guess I shall never know as people dip in and out and you have no idea who they were or where they came from . Sometimes I wish comment would be left . Oooops I found your blog and it was not what I was looking for . Any response but all I get are people in India offering me services . Most of which I don't want . Ah well let us see what this one brings .

Wrexham is the name should pull in a few locals or even Americans who follow our team . The Boss might bring in the Springsteen lovers . The man in the bathtub . Well who knows what that will convey to readers .

We had a game to go to. It was that time on a Saturday . We were togged up in thick coats again. We had shed coats for some matches . The clocks had changed and the weather with them. Now it was rain and cold again . Not particularly springlike . I picked up the United Airlines /Wrexham scarf and my new cream and brown bobble hat . We had games to win in the run up to the end of the season . Tranmere , Grimsby and Doncaster Rovers in the next week or so . We talked about being third in the league and were worried about the teams beneath us . Crewe who we have to visit and MK Dons the plastic franchise team from down south.

As we drove talk moved to Istanbul . Was the taxi to the airport OK ? I had moved the times of home to Manchester twice and Istanbul to the airport once . Had we enough clothes ? I had been on and off the scales with the hand luggage and at the moment are OK . With business class we can take 2 x 8kg hand luggage each plus one personal item each . We have bought new bum bags just big enough for passport/money a credit card. Tablets sorted out for the week and prescription script picked up from surgery. Never had to think about weight unless it was Gabby and the weighbridge . Never thought about how many clothes to take . Just chucked them in and hoped for the best and a laundrette . Confucius said " Life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated " Well it was simple in the van . Get up , drive off , arrive at the tunnel early go on earlier train . Arrive late either catch the next train or pay extra . Change times coming home using the internet . No hotels to worry about . This holiday seemed complicated or was it us that were making it more complicated than it need be .

We parked up on our usual spot . On a business estate a short walk from the ground . Parking had changed over the last year or so . We used to pay £3 half of which went to the club and the other to the Glyndwr University . The university got greedy and upped the charge to £5 and kept all of the money . We moved rather than pay . Free parking is an advantage and it is within a short walk of the ground and our normal stop for coffee and cheeseburger . The £5 saved goes a good way to pay for that treat .

As we walked we considered passports - yes they are fine . Money - a mixture of lira but not many of those and euros . Cat sitting money and taxi fare put aside . Printed off vouchers for the taxi from Istanbul . Camera - to take it or leave it behind ? Phone e - sim sorted . Or at least we hoped it sorted . We would only know when we arrived in Turkey . IPad will come with us . Laptop will stay at home . Paper and pen taken so that I can make notes as blogs will probably not be added until we arrive home .

The man in the bathtub turned up at the Turf Pub . He had walked all the way from Mansfield in Nottinghamshire to the Racecourse . He stood with a bath around his middle . He was collecting for a mental health charity . You never know what you might see at the football match these days . Deadpool, a catepillar , Percy Pig, Dixie the dragon and the man in the bath .

We are missing one match against Crawley Town as I inadvertently booked the wrong week away . We chatted about this mistake as we walked to our gate , In a short while we would be walking to a different sort of gate . But for now football and so much more to discuss and arrange .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb