Edinburgh!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
September 25th 2010
Published: September 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Castle ShotCastle ShotCastle Shot

This is a shot of the castle from the lower level of the fortress where we started our tour.

Finally!!!


Edinburgh was great. I met up with the one other UC student going to St. Andrews and our UC center liaison. We had some good home cooking at Mum's restaurant and caught up on sleep. Our guide planned a ghost tour of the old town for us as well as a tour of Edinburgh castle. We packed touristy things as well as administrative school stuff into just two days! I didn't take too many pictures and the ones that I did take I am not in (for obvious logistical reasons) but I am hoping to make several trips to the city while I am at school and so I will have plenty of time to collect more snapshots.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Back of memorialBack of memorial
Back of memorial

This is the back of the memorial building, the architect did such a great job making it blend with the ancient castle surrounding.
MemorialMemorial
Memorial

This building has been re-purposed to be a war memorial for all fallen Scottish soldiers.
Tiny ChapelTiny Chapel
Tiny Chapel

This is the chapel for the castle, it is so small it only holds about 20 people.
Holyrood PalaceHolyrood Palace
Holyrood Palace

The building in the back of this photo is where the Queen stays when she comes to Scotland. She and the Pope met there just the day before I took this picture!
Scottish ParliamentScottish Parliament
Scottish Parliament

Scottish Parliament is housed in this ultra modern building at the end of the Royal Mile.
Adam SmithAdam Smith
Adam Smith

We went for a walk and saw that this graveyard had Adam Smith's grave in it. I had to take a picture, but I didn't have any money to put on the headstone, there were one dollar bills on the stone held down by rocks.


Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb