Edinburgh big red bus


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 1st 2023
Published: July 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was all about getting around as much of the Tourist spots we can. We defaulted back to the Hop on Hop off Bus and their red line. We chose this for expedience, but tomorrow we had different choices. But before that there was Edinburgh Farmers Market just down the hill from our accommodations. We walked down to see some of their farm produce and maybe get breakfast. Our breakfast was a tale of two cities with Rose selecting a Falafel wrap and the Falafel's were cooked to order. She loved it and it was very good. On the other hand, I was seduced by the whole pig on the spit, but that is where it ended, the pork was bland and soggy, the milk bun fell apart from the moister and I picked the filling out and threw the rest away. You live and learn 😊. It also poured with rain for 5 minutes so this did not help.

Just next to the market was one of the Hop on Hop off bus stop so we took the chance to start there. Our first stop was Dynamic Earth planetarium which we decided not to explore as it was expensive for the space and full of heaps of kids for the school holidays. So we decided to walk to The Palace Holyroodhouse , unfortunately as King Charles was in residence for his Scottish Coronation and the palace is closed so we could only look on from the outside, but still the gift shop was open, so we had to buy more fridge magnets. Once we hopped on again, we passed Robbie Burns Monument, Scott Monument, and we decided to get off for St Andrews Square. This was lovely park in the middle of Edinburgh, noting one of the side has three restaurants from prominent TV chefs which are not going so well. We took our chance to have a Pizza and Aperol Spritz before rejoining the bus. As we were coming back to the our start again, we found the Grass Market so decided to get off the bus and look around. Didn't buy anything, but a different market than the Edinburgh Farmers Market.

As we were close to our accommodation we decided to walk home and decide what to do for dinner, as we were walking home we passed a Mexican restaurant and decided that seeing as how the Scottish are renowned for their Mexican, this this would be a great change. Turned out that Mariachi Restaurant serves fabulous Mexican food and only at short walk home after a few drinks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



10th July 2023

Is that a weed??
What on earth is photo DSC_9080??
11th July 2023

National Flower of Scotland
Haha Amy, yes in Australia and New Zealand the Thistle is considered a weed, but it is the national flower of Scotland. Exactly why we added the photo. Glad to see you are reading... :)

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb