Dunblane to Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 30th 2023
Published: July 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our time in Dunblane had finished and we need to be back at the Edinburgh Avis desk by 3pm. The plan for the day was to leave early, go to Dundee, St. Andrews, and then be in Edinburgh at 3pm or face an extra days car hire!

There was a quick hours trip to Dundee, we stopped on the waterfront to admire the bridges and Off-Shore Oil rigs. We went into the city centre for coffee and cake and then on to St. Andrews.

Driving into St. Andrews was a mystical experience, you just knew it was special. The first stop was the St Andrews golf museum which provided a walk down the history of the golf and housed all of the top trophies (originals, not copies as the St. Andrews Golf club house is closed for renovation), and some Audio Visual exhibitions. The Museum store also managed to get some extra money from us in merchandise, happy all round.

We then walked down to the starters pavillion to watch some very ordinary tee offs. This is when I decided I didn't want to play at St. Andrews, too many people watching! It was a short walk down to the stone bridge on the 18th Fairway for a photo op and walk back to the car to commence traveling back to Edinburgh. We got back through the tough Edinburgh traffic and pouring rain to arrive at Avis 5 minutes to 3 and handed the car back.

We got a very nice Taxi driver through Uber who took us to our Royal Mile Suite which was like Lyon right in the action and we also learned that Charles, Camilla, William and Kate had flown into Edinburgh to see us, oh and to receive some oversized rocks. Our accommodations made the William Wallace memorial a warm up climb, after three ascending of the steep stairs to the apartment I had taken the luggage up. This was 1 hour including breaks between climbs.

We ended the day with a lovely french meal at Le Bistro before getting an early night ready for another big day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb