Pure Dead Brilliant.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
October 24th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ohh, glasgow!! I happened upon 3 days off from work, so decided on a last minute trip to glasgow. 80 euro flight, why not?

So i set off early sunday morning... patri was coming home from the bar... for the airport. Landed in glasgow at 7:30, had some tea, caught the train to the city centre, and explored the area until 11 when i went to the Glasgow cathedral. Gorgeous church and being at a service with scottish accents added a whole new dimension to the experience! haha. i officially dub the scottish accent to be the hardest to understand. Then I went to St Mungos museum of religion and life, then to the hostel, where i met a girl, katie, who was born in liverpool, then moved to New Brunswick when she was 14 and then montreal for uni. Having just gotten her fine arts diploma, shes back in the UK, backpacking. We ended up going pubbing together that night, and then decided to switch hostels the next day. Saw some more art museums, did some shopping, then once again, pubbing!! but after our night out we were sitting in the hostel lounge, when i make eye contact with... MARILYN! Haha, for those of you who donĀ“t know her... shes from winnipeg, decided to volunteer in Galway, the second biggest city in ireland, and she left 6 days before me. We both planned our trips to ireland, oblivious that the other was going! So even more insane is that we were in glasgow at the same time, at the same hostel, and her bed was the top bunk of katies!!

Mad, I tell you. So from then on (tuesday), it was me, katie, marilyn, and her roommate marcus. Went to some more museums, walked around the uni campus, and then I had a nice little sendoff before hitting the train-plane journey. All in all, a very very worthwhile trip. As the airport promises, you can call it Pure Dead Brilliant.


Advertisement



24th October 2007

freaking eh!
well isnt that just freaking rediculous! i miss that woman Marilyn, she is such a catch! so libster miss me yet, cuz i think you might! hahaha thanks for the post card by the way, my sister and i were very pleased! well i am glad to hear everythign is rocking with you!!!!! ttyl buddy!
24th October 2007

SO JEALOUS! Our new store manager is scottish, but his accent is not that strong so I can understand him. WOOT TO YOU!
24th October 2007

my my
well now isnt that just fancy :P haha very exciting!!! I'm glad your trip was good! sorry about the phone issue, the person on the phone says that we have to top off our account? so well fix that then phone you!!! byee
24th October 2007

Love it!
Hey! how'd you enjoy it? Gotta love how glasgow has the word dead plastered all over the airports - oh prestwick! lol The Glasgwegian accent is the hardest of all scottish ones, so if you can decifer it, you're fine! which pubs did you hit up? super duper crazy jealous! xxx
24th October 2007

pubs
haha, it was sauchiehall a licious. pretty much just walked down the street and went in and out. The cellars was a favourite, and driftwood (69 pence shots... WHAT!!). Also firewater was good, and we joined the mint casino, haha. Oh, spontaniety. :) Wish i could have been there at teh same time as you girls!!
25th October 2007

Hmmm
There are no coincidences of course-these things are meant to be! So glad you experienced the Scots.
26th October 2007

LIBBBBY
Hey libby, i just read all your entries, and sounds like your having an amazing time...of course i heard many of these stories from Paula..kelly and kathryn!! And im sure there are even more to hear once you get back!! As steph said, thanks for the postcard!! i got it right after my birthday, and thought it was extra special!! haha, have a good time out there my love!
26th October 2007

beauty
Hi there sweet pea! Marilyn situation sounds uncanny and beyond "coincidence".... achh... coincidence = God sounds simply wonderful the whole trip. btw, what happens in Ireland for Halloween?
17th November 2007

YOU are in Ireland...
Hi Libby!!! I'm a bit behind in reading your blogs but they are splattered with the presence of Libby... imagine that?!?!?! I like Momma Jeffrey's comments... i'm still shocked you are in Ireland... when are we going for samgyupsal... i am thinking about that this day.... and the other day i was thinking about Lost! and about the time you came to visit the g'rents and me in Swan and the lovely walk we had with the ice cream and the beautiful clouds that were going over head! God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand... and may you choose to stay in that hand and bask in His greatness and His blessings upon you.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb