working hard.. or hardly working?


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
November 25th 2007
Published: November 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post


I feel like lots has happened, but at the same time not much to report!!

This past tuesday I went to galway (a city on the west coast--took the train!!) and stayed with marilyn, the girl i bumped into in glasgow. It was good fun, although the city doesnt seem to have too many tourist attractions, its got an excellent shopping-pubbing-cafe area called shop street, and marilyn lives in a volunteer house with 7 rooms. when i was there there was more or less 10 people living there as well (some were travelling, some were volunteering etc etc). Everyone was very nice, and tehres another house on the aran islands so im hoping to stay there for a few days in teh spring!

Other than that, for this month and december i´ll likely be working full time at the pub. as in no trips, but thats okay. I might sneak a day trip to belfast in there. Besides, it doesnt feel like work is work now, i think im settling in!! At first it was hard adjusting because im not used to full time work, but i like it now.

Last night we went to a LEGENDARY party. Really, probably the best I´ve ever been to. It was a black and white party called French kiss (some french guys birthday). It was cool beacause most people stuck to the dress code. The house was about a 40 minute walk away (we took the LUAS) it had 2 stories and was fairly empty place aside from couches. We heard the music before we got to the house.. there was a dj!! The people there were from everywhere, polish,spanish, belgian, french, scottish, irish, lithuanian. Halfway through the night, the gardai came and stopped the party, music was off and they were talking to people at the front door (probably 80 ppl in the house) but then they left and everything was back on. Danced the night away, so much fun!!

Todays my day off, and tongiht im going to heather and james´to watch the grey cup!! haha ive probably never watched the grey cup in its entirety.. yet im going to do it in ireland. Fancy that.






Advertisement



25th November 2007

Hahahaha oh pumpkin! I went to a club last night that plays rock music and mainstream and it was pretty much a blast. OH! And I don't know if I told you but the reason they paint the sheep is..... the farmers put a paint pack on the ram's stomach so they know which ones are mating. So when a sheep has more than one colour on it, that one gets around! Hahahahahaha! Miss you!
25th November 2007

OYYYYYVEY
DID the garda come in and say okay! PARTIES OVER! then the music went eeeeeerch then everyone scattered??? Oh I sure hope so!
28th November 2007

now was this party before or after you spilled all the rice?

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb