transporting..


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
October 17th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As of late!!

The fam visit highlights (other than everything)...

Obviously showing them my apartment, and where i work was very exciting, seeing as thats where i am most of the time. Having my family meet my friends was also cool, and we had a great thanksgiving dinner sunday night with Patri Raul and Laura (all spanish, who had never experienced thanksgiving). They, by the way were very excited about it afterwards, and are still talking about it. The other day though patri said to me, " Libby, i´m sorry, but did you know... we had thanksgiving at the wrong time? Its in november!!" Haha, shes got a job with an american company. She was very concerned though, how could all these canadians not know when thanksgiving is?! Anyway, we muddled through the dinner, despite our flat not having enough plates, nor enough forks, or an oven for the turkey. Raul went and took cutlery and plates from his work, and we put the turkey in the microwave oven, which actually worked really well! Also, on saturday we met up with joannes daughter, heather, and her husband james for dinner. That was neat, good to have met them. They live in a suburb of dublin and im sure we´ll be in touch for another get together... why not!!

Then we set off in the TRANSPORTER (chch ch ch), blaine fandangled his way into getting ice cream at the bed and breakfast, I introduced blaine to the art of steamrolling (to which he became addicted to..), dad talking to cars, saying "get over" or "ugh, tourists" all the time, being able to critique dads driving (seeing as i am mucho experienced in the art of driving on the "wrong" side), us kids kissing the blarney stone (mom and dad scared... heights perhaps?), went to the HUGE cliffs of moher, very cool, and the burren was great (i think i mentioned these last entry). LOTS of irish breakfasts... for me almost every day. mmm. the countryside was as always, brilliant. There were 2 men with donkeys standing at the beginning of the ring of kerry, tourist trap if there ever was but tehy were HIGHLY entertaining! Oh, and we went to skellig chocolate factory where they had crazy dark chocolate flavours like sea salt, and rose&pistachio (tasted like soap), and chilli (which was spicy).

Im all over the place at the moment, but thats what i have in my head right now! All in all, a very exciting time was had.

Now im back to work, waiting for the christmas rush... because once that comes and goes, i´m potentially off to spain!!

oh, and one last thing, the pay toilets!! 50 cents buys you 15 minutes in the bathroom, and then the door opens automatically, and the entire room gets sterilised for the next use!! Hilarious when 5 people have to go, and you only have 1 euro in change... oh dear.



Advertisement



19th October 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! That bathroom thing is HILARIOUS!
19th October 2007

CHCHCHCHCH
just to let you know. Kaplan made me talk for 45 mins of the class about Ireland. oh dear god.

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb