The Isle of Skye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Portree
July 26th 2008
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 57.4131, -6.19377

We left Tullycross on Tuesday morning about 10:00AM. We drove up Loch Lomand and on towards Skye. It was a cloudy and cool day. We stopped at the Eilean Donan Castle before crossing the bridge to Skye. It is one of the most photographed castles in all of Scotland. It was quite cloudy and the clouds were quite low, so we could'nt see the surrounding mountains. We drove over the bridge and up to our Ashaig B&B at Edinbane. It was very nice. The hosts are kind of batty, though.
On Wednesday, we toured the Dunvegan Castle and gardens. We also drove around the north west side of Skye. The weather was cloudy in the morning, but by the afternoon it had cleared up and was quite nice.
On Thursday, we toured the northeast side of the island. It was a mostly sunny day, and the midges were out. They are like our misquitoes, but are very small and bite! Luckily we had some midge repellant with us. It was a very warm day, about 73 degrees. We even put on the air conditioning in the car.
Friday was a clear and breezy morning. It actually got up to 26 degrees celcius, which is about 76 degrees f. This was our warmest day of the entire trip. We drove around the southwest area of Skye. It is quite beautiful there. The Cuillin Mountains are in this area and they are the tallest and most beautiful mountains in Skye.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



25th July 2008

Yeah!!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb