The McIntyres are here!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
July 20th 2008
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.8656, -4.25722

Monday was a slow day. We just went shopping for an adapter plug so we could play our MP3 players in the car. We found an ASDA store in Dumbarton. It is the Walmart of Europe. Huge store. We cleaned up the apartment a little for the McIntyres arrival.
Tuesday we waited patiently for the McIntyre Clan to call. Around 11:00AM Mike called to say that they were waiting for a car at the airport. We finally met them at a pub about 6 miles from the flat. They were exhausted! The plane trip, customs, waiting for the car all took its toll and when they got to the apartment they crashed for 3 hours.
The next day we took them on a tour of the area and showed them Aberfoyle, Loch Katrine and their first castle, Doune.
They left Thursday morning for Oban and the McIntyre gathering, while Stacy and I took a day off and went for a couple of hikes around our flat.
Friday morning we drove south of Glasgow to Maybole to see the Culzean Castle and gardens. It was really nice. It rained almost the entire day, sometimes quite heavily.
Saturday morning we left for Oban to hook up with Mike and Anne at the highland games. We watched them march in a parade to the grounds with about 350 other McIntyres from all over the world. Then we stayed for a while and watched the highland games. We finally left for our hotel in Oban. We went out later that night to a ceilidh, which is a scottish dance party. They had singing and pipers and poems and dancing.
This morning (Sunday) we got up, had breakfast with Mike and Anne in Oban, checked out and headed back to our "wee" home. We stopped at a church that Mike and Anne found along the way. There are several pics. We also stopped in Luss, a small village on Loch Lomand for lunch and a look see. Monday will be a slow day, as we have to pack up everything for leaving on Tuesday morning. We are off to the Isle of Skye for 4 nights and Mike and Anne are going to Edinbourgh. We will meet up with them on Saturday in Inverness at the next house. They will be staying for a week and we will be staying for 3 weeks. There might be a little time between blogs because we don't know if we will have internet at either place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



21st July 2008

Ahhhh...my eyes...men in skirts!! <br><br>
21st July 2008

Kayla did not like the beasties on her post card.

Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb