Stonehenge, Salisbury, Lacock with ASE!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Bath
August 31st 2008
Published: August 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Stonehenge Stonehenge Stonehenge

early morning at Stonehenge!
We had a fantastic day today with ASE going around the English countryside to see Stonehenge, Sailsbury and Lacock (where Meryton has been filmed for P&P). Stonehenge was very nice and we got there before the huge crowd did which was nice.
Next we went to Salisbury and saw the Salisbury Cathedral. It is a beautiful Gothic church and we got to see one of the original four Magna Cartas.
after the afternoon in Salisbury we travel to Lacock to see the Abby and the village. It is a lovely village which has been persevered and owned by the National trust. The Abby has been used in several Harry Potter movies like the Chapter House which used as Professor McGonagall's classroom and where Harry discovers the mirror of Erised and the Warming Room which is Professor Quirrell's Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. It was very fun to wonder around the abbey though several of the boys just wondered straight for the pub in town.
Lacock village maybe recognized by some as Meryton in the '95 version of Pride and Prejudice so I was excited to be walking in Elizabeth's footsteps. : )
We ate dinner at one of the longest
friends at stonehengefriends at stonehengefriends at stonehenge

Bridget, Julia, John me and Matt! we didnt get much of the stones but oo well : )
running pubs in England called the George Inn, where we had a traditional English Sunday Dinner.
After dinner we headed home to Bath where we were faced the looming idea that our electricity for the bottom floors, but when we arrived home we found that the housing lady Peta had come by and fixed it with out being called or anything!! We were very impressed hahahahaha.

After this exhausting day it is hard to believe that we start classes tomorrow morning and I have my first day at the Jane Austen Centre!!!

Keep me posted on whats going on at home
LOVE
Virginia Claire


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

sweeties!sweeties!
sweeties!

love these ladies


1st September 2008

hey
Hey girl, I'm so glad that you are having fun!!!! I guess people leave comments on blogs, you know i don't know. I can't wait to talk to you again sorry i missed your call the other day. Your always in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you continue to have a safe a wonderful trip. Love you, Mary
2nd September 2008

pictures
Excellent pictures! I loved the Salisbury cathedral.
7th September 2008

awesome cathedral
great photos of the cathedral! I just love the architecture and aura of churches, esp. in the British isles. It's neat to know the HP connection too.
10th September 2008

literary association for Salisbury Cathedral
Did you know that Salisbury Cathedral inspired Anthony Trollope's Barchester novels? Trollope was a big Jane Austen fan, and it's possible to see his novel The Small House at Allington as a kind of reworking of Sense and Sensibility.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb