Lowestoft - Ramsgate - Brighton


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
June 2nd 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0




Monday 2nd June
Lowestoft - Ramsgate

Departure Lowestoft: 5,55am. Outside navigator not working, must be water loged with all the water from the Gale force winds during Monday last week. May have to check with nearest dealer which is in Deal, that’s closest to Ramsgate. Well not needed, just needed to dry out a bit. Started working later on.
Winds are nearly nothing at the moment. We are following the markers out of Lowestoft. We have the current with us which is great. We’re doing around 10-11 knots. Winds are 3,5 - knots. A little misty but it’s easy to see. The depths outside Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft are always changing because of the sands and currents and on MaxSea Navigator caution is advised by checking marker and buoyed channels.
Sails up at 11.50am. Raining so I stood in the Pilot House and put up the Main sail from there.
We are sailing along very fast. At this speed we will be in Ramsgate late afternoon.
Arrival Ramsgate: 16.00 pm
Must ask Post Office for permission to enter the harbour. In the Outer Harbour we moored on the pontoon nearest the enterence of the harbour.
As we were going to check in at the Hrbour Office, Julie, Adam and Glen arrived and joined us on the boat. Ryan came later and Michael, Julia, Craig and Nadine came around 19.00 hrs. It was nice to see everyone.








3rd June - 4th June Wednesday.

We have quite a crew today. Michael, Julia, Julie, Adam, Bob and Eve. Everyone wanted to go out for a sail. It has been raining since we got here so today we all hoped it would be better. Cloudy first but by late afternoon the sun finally came out.
Michael, Bob and Adam all had a go at steering the boat and enjoyed every minute. The wind was really blowing when Michael was at the wheel and except for a little to hard down Port side did quite well.
We had lunch and as we passed Margate we headed home. The wind then decided to calm down and we didn’t get back until after 16.00 hrs. The sun by that time had come out and it was a beautiful day.







5th June - 8th June Sunday

Our last day in Ramsgate, tomorrow we leave early for Brighton.
Everyone came to spend the last day on the boat, we ended up with abour 23 people on board. Relative, neighbours, friends of relatives. It turned into quite a party. We said our good-byes as everyone left us for the evening.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb