Brighton - Cowes


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Brighton
June 9th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Monday 9th June
Ramsgate - Brighton

Departure Ramsgate 5.20 am

Leaving Ramsgate on a lovely day. The winds are very mild so we used the engine which Lars doesn’t like. We passed “The White Cliffs of Dover” at 7.05am and had to slow down for all the Ferries.
We put up the sails after Dover 7.30am. We’re doing 7,5 knots.

Arrival Brighton 16.45pm.
On entering Brighton Harbour we went to the Filling Station first. We had to wait for a long time.
We have a very comfortable mooring, close to the Marine Office. It’s a very nice Marina with lots of facilities, clean and very well looked after. The area around the Marina is full of restaurants and shops. Azdas wasn’t very far. Lars was looking at some jeans and I went a little crazy buying baby clothes for Jas and Jay for when Nichole comes. What was only cost £3 cost over £50 instead.
We took a lovely walk around the harbour and had a lovely dinner.















10th June Tuesday
Brighton to Cowes (Isle of Wight)
Departure 6.45am
Light winds. Sails up at 7am. An early start again. Lars noticed yesterday that the top stay was broken and has rubbed a hole in the Main sail. Somehow it must be fixed.
We called Cowes Yacht Haven at 8am requesting a berth reserved for around 15.00pm. We were ask to go to moor on the Eastern Outside Breaker.

Arrival Cowes 15.25pm
On arrival the current and winds were quite strong. We ended up going into the pontoon with quite a bang. It’s very choppy with all the traffic passing. The Yacht Club is very busy with lots of Races most days.
We took a walk around the village (town), very nice and compacted.

I forgot to mention three (3) stowaways from about 11.15am. Three doves decided to take a break and rest of the 2nd spreader up the mast. Two on starboard and 1 port side. They must of been very tired as they stayed with us until 12.20pm when we were nearer land again.


11th June Wednesday - Cowes

I recommend (to anyone visiting Cowes) a very nice restaurant called “The Red Duster”, very old inside with beams and old fashion fittings. We had a very nice meal there and the staff were very friendly. That evening was a bit chilly so we didn’t walk very far.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb