Sweden - Hartlepool - Lowestoft


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Norwich
May 22nd 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


22nd May 2008 - 9th July

It’s best if I just start with a summary of our journey so far:

Thursday 22nd May - Sunday 25th May
Långedrag (Sweden) - Hartlepool Marina (England)

Lars and I were going to meet relatives in Hartlepool, Lowestoft and Ramsgate.

When we left Sweden we had 3 extra crew members who were going to sail with us over Kattegatt and the North Sea. They were Thomas Ohlsson, Sanna Ohlsson (Thomas’s daughter) and Birger Ericson.
It took us 65 hours to cross from Sweden to England and sail into Hartlepool Marina. Nothing very exciting happened on the way. The sea was calm at the start, winds blowing just enough to sail and no one feeling sea-sick. We found out during our journey that we had forgotten to do two things before leaving the Harbour, fill up with water and fill up with diesel. The water was no problem, we used the water maker a bit more than usual but the diesel, well we stopped right in the middle of the North Sea. Starboard tank was empty BUT no probs we had the Port side tank to carry us across the ocean. It was just one of those mistakes.












Hartlepool Marina - it’s a beautiful Marina. Fairly new and very well organised. The tides have to be really looked at getting into this Harbour. There are two locks. We called in and asked to come into the first lock. A floating pontoon was on our Port side as we came in. We were given details of where we were to berth and then let into the second lock. At low tide it is empty outside the Harbour.










Monday 26th May - Tuesday 27th May
Hartlepool - Lowestoft

We arrived in Lowestoft Harbour very early 4.50 am. The winds were strong but no problems getting into the Harbour.Thomas,Sanna and Birger left us and went back to Sweden. We really appreciated all their help crossing the North Sea.
We stayed in Lowestoft for exactly one week. I visited my Mum and other members of our family that live around that area. It was really nice to visit everyone.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb