A London Broom Closet


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 13th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

So we left the Adventure of the Seas behind, disembarking in Southampton around 9. We hiked to a mall near the coach terminal to kill a couple hours before our bus to London. We basically sat around, used wifi and had coffee. Two and a half hours later and we were back in London. Our accommodation this time in Earls Court, using left over credit from our last nightmare stop of easyHotel. This edition of shitHotel was to be just as draining as the last. The room was even smaller than the last edition, the bed being fully enclosed by walls on 3 and a half borders. You couldn't open the front and toilet door at the same time. If someone talks or turns on a tap two floors above, you hear it. If someone passes waste on the top floor, you can hear the solids clanking about in the pipes by your head as you try to sleep. At least there was air this time.
We skipped down to the laundrette to do some wholesome washing and hopefully raise our general level of hygiene and odor. It wasn't particularly cheap, 4 pound to wash, 3 pound to dry and another for laundry powder. It was worth it though.
Dan met us in our room thereafter to assist us in polishing off some Grey Goose I had obtained very cheap duty free on the boat. Afterall we had two days to drink it before flying to Copenhagen. If our room was small for two... squeezing Dan in made it almost intimate.
After that party, we headed to the pub to meet Nats friends Juliet & Tom (on honeymoon) and their friend Natalie, referred to as Talie, convenient to avoid confusion. We spent a couple hours here before returning to paradise to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb