Museum and Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 14th 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

We actually managed to get a reasonable amount of sleep. Like our ship cabin, this windowless broom closet didn't allow any light, so there was no way of knowing the time. We left the room around 11, and headed east down Cromwell Road to the Natural History Museum for the day.
Free entry was a bonus, but that of course meant the museum was absolutely packed. We stopped for an early lunch, and I managed to leave my phone behind. Fortunately I noticed quickly and retrieved it from lost and found.
The museum was excellent, with four different sections covering all sorts of areas from geology, space, human biology, psychology, animal biology and more. My favorite was the extensive dinosaur exhibit with heaps of skeletons on display. We spent most of the day here wandering about. As we left the museum we were greeted by warm refreshing sunshine. We spent the next few hours in Kensington Gardens snoozing in the grass under the sun.
We headed back around the lake to our hotel to catch up with Dan again for dinner. We polished off the rest of the Grey Goose (Citrus, Pear and Orange flavors) and walked along Kensington Street looking for a place to eat. We found somewhere called Giraffe which did delicious 2 course meals for £9.95.
Talia met us for a post dinner drink, and we eventually finished up around 11.30 for one last night at easyHotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Impressive statueImpressive statue
Impressive statue

Of Albert in Kensington Gardens


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb