Harry's London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 1st 2012
Published: August 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday 23 November

The same day we got off the train we went on the London Eye. We could see a lot of views from the top and I was only a bit scared. If you don’t know what the “Eye” is, it is a big ferris wheel that can hold up to 800 people at once.

We then caught the “tube” back. The Tube is like the Metro trains except faster and the stops are more far apart.

Saturday 24 November

We were at Harrods. This is a very famous department store and today was the wrong day to do it because it was extremely busy…… It took so long we were there all day. (Mum’s note - but they did have a pretty cool toy section……)

Sunday 25 November

We did Buckingham Palace. This is where the Queen lives. We caught a ferry up the River Thames. When that was done we caught a cable car over the river. On the other side was the O2. Here a lot of famous singers and dancers perform and tonight the Rolling Stones were going to play here. It was too expensive (Mum’s note – not to mention being booked out months before) so instead we watched the James Bond Skyfall movie.

Monday 26 November

We went to London Tower. This again was like Warwick Castle except famouser. It actually had some of the Queen’s jewels and crowns here.

Tuesday 27 November

We crossed Abbey Road. This is famous because the Beatles crossed it. We then had a look at Marble Arch and Hyde Park. At Hyde Park there as a “Winter Wonderland” which is a Christmas place with big rides we were going to come back……...

Wednesday 28 November

We went to Tower Bridge which was the first opening bridge ever to be made. It had two towers on it and we went up one of these.

We watched a play called Matilda. This is one of the books Roald Dahl wrote. I’ve also read it back in Australia. It’s about a little girl who gets bullied by her Mum, Dad and principal.

Thursday 29 November

At Greenwich Observatory is where the Zero Meridian line goes through. This line is where south meets west like toe opposite of the Equator. Buzz stood right in the middle of the line! Then we went to the Maritime Museum.

Friday 30 November

We went to St Paul’s Cathedral. This was a big domed church Westminster Abbey. This is where a lot of famous people, kings and queens, were buried. Then we went to the Natural History Museum. This had a lot of dinosaur bones and things like that.

Saturday 1 December

We got packed, yep that’s right we’re going back home on the airplane tonight and that came pretty quick. We caught a taxi to Paddington station where we caught a train to Heathrow Airport, where we caught a plane to Sydney.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb