Enter the UK - London 29-03 April-May 2010


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 30th 2010
Published: May 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Standard guard dudeStandard guard dudeStandard guard dude

Silly walk, brutal looking gun...... Had to have at least 1 of these lol
sleepy first night after hang over travels. Hostel is a bit shit. Cool because its in an old court house, bad becasue the beds remind me of the setup they had in the early days of Dachau concentration camp we saw near Munich. ALso the uni sex shower contains 1 concrete cubicle with a lockless door on it, as well as a second 'room' which has no door or even curtain, just a bend in the hallway......lol??

Getting sick again zzzz. Did a free walking tour in the arvo and not sure if you can believe such a thing but we skipped the pub crawl!! on a friday night no less!!!! Suck behavior is very unbecoming =)

So home instead for some computer work (i sure look after you guys larf). Rain was predicted for the next day so we had planned to go to a few musuems. To our great surprise though, it was a gorgeous day until about 5 pm. We stuck our heads into the Natioanl Gallery which i kinda of liked but it is huge. Which is good, except i need to read all the info that tells me what i should appreciate about a
Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square

To commemerate the battle of Trafalgar, the guy on top of the thing whose name i dont remember beat 33 enemy ships with his 22 whooohoo, but got shot in the last skirmish
piece to have any understanding of why its good lol. Suffice to say that after the 20th room that got boring. Since it was lovely out though, we decided to grab some photos of some sites of London. Sounds easy yea? So my camera died and it was hard lol. Not to worry, travel buddy ftw. Tower of london (a caslte), tower bridge, tate modern, new london bridge (the old london bridge got sold to a rich texan oil tycoon who thought it was tower bridge lol, now its in texas =P), and a block of wood that was part of the old Roman docks from like 75 AD....boooom. London torrential rain then settled in as we enjoyed a pint of ale which was a bit of a mood spoier.

We had allready booked for that night to see a stage show, which is apparently the most english thing we could do. Since we were in england my heart was set on a current version of Oliver but as this is the talk of the West End at the moment we ended up with tickets to Wicked. It was amazing. Fricking amazing. I loved every ounce of it lol.
English ParliamentEnglish ParliamentEnglish Parliament

Other end than Clock Tower. You can see the guy from LOTR who played elrond try to blow it up in Viva Vendetta (badass movie) playing Guy Fox..true story
It is basically set in Oz (aka Wizard of Oz) but follows an alternative storyline following the 'wicked' witch as she grows up all the way through to the true story of the origianal. The tie ins to the original are amazing, the routines, costumes, lighting, singers (the lead girl blue my mind and the good witch did an insane job as the legally blond comedic relief) musical score all was rediculous. I think it was the best show ive seen. So turns out im gay, are moving to london and am going to sell tickets in discount show ticket store =) Whatever!! I loved it and i want more theatre!! Melbourne will be on the cards alot when i get home.

Gaaaaah. More rain today. Where am I london...oh wait =P Due to imclement weather my travel blog will be extra boring today. A full refund will be offered if you offer proof of your boredom in the form of a valid receipt for the period of wet weather. Blog credit can also be given to the value of your boredom at the front desk. Thank you for consideration. Seriously, it was boring and wet so i did the unthinkable.....I went to an internet cafe and chilled out play Warcraft. Was cool though because i got to /wave to dad + not drink for a while =) We did try that night to go on a pub crawl. I use the word try you see because I not only dropped the ball but i smashed it to the ground flat like a pancake and the PC was not on at all. There is egg on my face!

At last we can leave this hostel. Not more constantly wet shower room floors and concentration camp beds. As a side note, my last night was the worst ever (bitch incoming). Some idiots came in at 2am and turned the light on. How is that an option?!! Then snored right next to me grrrrr. Watching this place disappeer in the rear vision mirror of our train will sweet satisfaction indeed!!.

Im out peace! Next up, Brighton!

Hot love,

nhickhalos


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Gratuitous Amounts of English Icons!!Gratuitous Amounts of English Icons!!
Gratuitous Amounts of English Icons!!

Im in teh booth! Go me, i thought this was the tardis...JK,. I actually thought it was the entry to the Misitry of Magis...lols. Clock tower in the background which houses big ben. The more you know
Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square

Statue of Lord Nelson..HMS Victory
Me and  a SphinxMe and  a Sphinx
Me and a Sphinx

Word up. Egypt comes from England...
London TowerLondon Tower
London Tower

Edward the LionHearts old bation of power!!!!
Tower Bridge!Tower Bridge!
Tower Bridge!

Not london bridge, that got baught by a dumb oil tycoon in texas lol
Globe TheatreGlobe Theatre
Globe Theatre

Where you can see traditional open air theatre shake-a-speer


Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb