Blueprint Café - A Review


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Southwark
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dinner tonight was with Paul and Mark at the Blueprint Café - a restaurant east of Tower Bridge, sitting above the Design Museum with great views of Tower Bridge and the city.

The menu, whilst not extensive, was certainly an eclectic mix of ingredients and styles. With interesting entrees such as sardines on toast with a fried egg and haddock fish cakes with aioli we were expecting our taste buds to be tantalised this evening.

I ordered the sardines, toast and egg and was not disappointed. An incredible blend of textures and flavours, the soft egg yolk with the grilled sardines was sublime.

Mark and I both ordered the Fegato alla Veneziana - Venetian style liver, for the main dish. It was the most melt-in-your-mouth liver I had ever eaten. Paul ordered baked lamb with artichokes and olives and he enjoyed it greatly.

Blueprint Café offers a carefully thought out wine list with plenty of options by the glass and by the bottle. There's a good mix of European wines and a number of antipodean options.

Despite feeling very full after my main meal I ordered dessert - classic creme brulee and Paul had a steamed pudding
Sardines, Toast and an eggSardines, Toast and an eggSardines, Toast and an egg

Without the flash!
(from memory- correct me if I am wrong Paul!)

Blueprint Café is modern and stylish. There is nothing pretentious about this place however you feel that you are dining in a very classy yet reasonalbly affordable restaurant. The staff were very friendly and very honest with their opinions.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Deep in thought?Deep in thought?
Deep in thought?

Or thinking about those sardines and the egg? The food at Blueprint was fresh, tasty and reasonably affordable.
Paul and MarkPaul and Mark
Paul and Mark

Post dinner and everyone was contented
Paul and ChrisPaul and Chris
Paul and Chris

Also after dinner - with Tower Bridge (currently being renovated) in the background. The renovation of the bridge includes its repainting and they have been very careful in ensuring that no paint drops into the thames. They have the world's largest drop sheets covering part of the bridge!
Evening in LondonEvening in London
Evening in London

A scene close to the Blueprint Cafe


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb