To Porthcurno.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Penzance
September 7th 2022
Published: September 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

In Penzance but it’s the old taxi trick again. We were meant to be at the Minack Theatre right now but the performance was cancelled due to the poor weather. There’s a photo of the theatre that sort of explains why the weather is super important to them. So our best laid plans, booking from home, arranging pickup, alerting our BnB hosts, carrying a change of clothes amounted to nothing! Consequently we found somewhere to eat (Italian but only just OK) and treated ourselves to an ice cream. It was our first real ice cream (although I had gelato, old habits die hard) and it was good.

Walked through the tin mining region today which was interesting, a reminder of how tough things were not so long ago. The track today was far superior to that we encountered yesterday. It allowed for walking rather than balancing and moving rock to rock. As such our times were significantly better and that helps everything. Again the coastline is the star and with the wind and rain the sea looked more fierce and threatening. We walked to Lands End which was quite anticlimactic and even a little depressing. Bus loads of tourists and only ‘tacky’ shops and ‘experiences’ (and no icy-poles). Then to Porthcurno via the Minack Theatre and then home. Obviously stopped and entertained some horses on the way. Again I’m pretty sure I saw some seals having a frolic but in the rougher, choppie waters it may have been kelp (don’t think so though). Approximately 24 km day but in difficult conditions. Tomorrow promises much of the same, the forecast predicting rain most of the afternoon.
No real news, so it’s caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb