DAYS 38-39 WILMSLOW (Jane condition update)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Wilmslow
June 23rd 2023
Published: June 23rd 2023
Edit Blog Post


Hilary and Jane moments before departing.
Headspace. Body space. Dialogued decision making. Do we cancel the remainder of the planned holiday and go home or see if there is improvement and continue on?

The above dominated our days.

Assessment and Treatment by a leading BPPV physio. Carrying out of advice/treatment. Plenty of rest. Patience.

BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) is definitely an illness you do not want to experience. We have been told that it is caused by the movement of minute calcium carbonate crystals into the semi-circular canals which disrupts normal eye movements causing repetitive jerky eye movements called nystagmus in certain head positions (such as turning over in bed). Sensations of room spinning, vertigo and nausea accompany this. For Jane, being able to stand or walk without support has been impossible due to the spinning, vertigo sensations. Vomiting accompanies each effort. The physio has treated her with canalith repositioning manoeuvers. I am to continue these with Jane. Doctor yesterday, physio for the next few days!!!

Let’s see what it brings.

Progress … able to sit up and walk very, very steadily. No dizziness when turning over in bed. Ate. By mid-afternoon of 3rd day and under advisement from the physio, who we had contacted again, we were able to return to Caldy about 60 miles (100km) away. Sitting up was better than laying down.

Support from Hilary and Peter had been amazing and so much appreciated. Nothing was too much. Rob and Mary in Caldy had been lovingly concerned and welcomed us with open arms. We knew they are there for us. The amount of FB concern and love had also blown us away.

At the moment it looks as if we will continue. Everything crossed.

Advertisement



29th June 2023

Being out of the story
Hi Andrew and Jane, I had not connected for a while and so missed knowing of Jane's condition until today. 29th June. So grateful that things have shown improvement and that by today, you are definitely further along your planned journey as evidenced by your blog in Naples. I hope that the rest of your travels are Joyful and harmonious with well-being for both of you. Much love. XXX

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb