DAYS 37 WILMSLOW


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Wilmslow
June 21st 2023
Published: June 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post


Normal as. Photo of Jane and her final home in Altone Rd, Wilmslow, before she immigrated to Australia.
Day 37 began well but quickly turned. On the motorway about 20 kms out of Wilmslow, heading to Caldy, Jane suffered an immediate illness. Her world began spinning, profuse sweating was immediate, severe tingling in both arms, hands and legs and nausea. Stopped on the side of the motorway with vehicles whizzing past at speed is scary in itself without worrying about a sick person. It was a matter of not panicking. Could it have been a ‘minor’ heart attack? Many thoughts rush through one’s mind. Merged onto motorway to find an exit and head back to Wilmslow, phoning Hilary to tell her the situation. Hilary phoned the ambulance to be at her place. We arrived about 5-10 minutes before the ambulance. By this stage Jane could not move her head as vomiting would occur. My assessment … severe vertigo … crystals displaced. This was later verified at Wythenshawe Hospital as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Two doctors gave the same diagnosis. Treatment and personal attention and explanations were first class. Peter picked us up from the hospital after about 6 hours and Jane is now sleeping. Oh, how life can change in an instant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Not normal. Being loaded onto the ambulance.


Being transferred to ED at Wythenshawe Hospital.


Tot: 0.448s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.3963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb