Conwy, Wales to Chester, England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cheshire » Chester
July 17th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.1905, -2.89189

Chester, England

We got into Chester about 3:22 thinking it would be an hour stop. But Dylan had other plans. This was going to be a 2 ¼ hour stop! Many of us moaned and groaned about the amount of time, but we didn't say anything to him directly. We have usually been getting to the hotels between 5 and 6 and dead tired after a long day. Then the meals are around 7 and usually heavy type meals. This means that we would not get to the hotel to about 6:30 with a 7:30 meal time! Ugh! Dylan took us on a 20 minute walking tour of the place. Most of the Tudor style looking buildings were actually built in the 13th and 14th century with the Tudor décor added on during the 19th century for tourism. We did walk along a Roman wall that was about 2,000 years old and passed the 1897 clock tower on the way. We then walked to the main shopping district (surprise! Seems that all we do lately). Then we had 1 ½ hours to ourselves. I walked through some of the shops, but didn't see anything that struck my fancy. They had some buskers scattered throughout the streets. I gave £ 5 to a charity for Great Britain soldiers and got a stuffed baby tiger. I finally made it to the pick-up area after making a wrong turn and had to walk around a block that had a large parking structure. I still had time to spare, so I sat in the McDonald's and blogged until it was time to go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb