LLanfair PG to Conwy


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Conwy
July 17th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.2817, -3.82844

Conwy

About 12:45 we made an unofficial stop in the town of Conwy (pronounced Con-way). According to the official itinerary, we were just supposed to drive through the town and not stop until we get to Chester. However, Dylan, being Welsh, felt that the travel company didn't give fair share of time in Wales. So instead of spending 3 hours in Chester, we would spend 1 ½ hours in Conwy and about 2 hours in Chester. Conwy was a very interesting seaside town of quaint little shops, a very nice English Castle (we didn't have enough time to visit it), and the smallest house in Great Britain (and it was very tiny! I paid £ 1 admission and there was enough room to turn around once and then you used that space up. A small step ladder led to the 2nd floor, but it was blocked by a gate. No restroom or kitchen was in this place.) As soon as Dylan finished talking to us about when we should be back (2:30), I headed off in search of a place to eat. As soon as I turned the corner from the drop off place, I found a cute little place called “The Tea Room.” They had the best fish and chips so far. I got the meal, plus a salad, buttered bread, and a drink just for £ 6 ($9). It was delicious with the batter nice and crispy! Afterwards, I wondered around town browsing and shopping and taking photos of the place. When I got back to the bus, Dylan was offering everyone a Welsh type scone (biscuit). It was good, but it would have been better without the raisins. As we just about to leave, another tour group walked by the bus. The tour guide was local and was dressed as a monk. He had a falcon perched on his arm. Another guide in the group had an owl on his arm. We left about 2:30 and about 20 minutes down the road we passed Colwyn Bay which had a windmill farm out in the water. We encountered light rain for a few minutes but it was pretty sunny out with big fluffy white clouds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



28th September 2011

You're welcome. We weren't supposed to stop at all in Wales, but since our tour guide was Welsh, he felt obligated to stop so we can enjoy ALL of Great Britain! I loved visiting Conwy.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb