Day 7 - things are looking up.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thank you everyone for your comments. I don't seem able to reply via the website but we do appreciate your interest and can assure you that any scathing comments, particularly re loss of glasses, will not be forgotten.....

Thank you to Sarah for identifying my slightly out of focus plant from yesterday - it's a Lesser Bulrush and apparently quite rare, so there you go.







Still at Hungerford although the outlook has improved considerably. The lock at Newbury will be open for boats from 5pm tomorrow – I think they have rushed the repair because of the Bank Holiday this weekend so we're not complaining. No new gear boxes are available but the boatyard has managed to source a reconditioned one and will then have ours reconditioned and sold on – the ultimate in recycling. The bonus is that the gearbox arrives tomorrow at 9am and they will install it the same day so we should be on the move very soon. We thought we could be here for a week, by which time we would have run out of water, batteries and toilet facilities! As it is, the authorities want us to move on from our 48 hour mooring.......







We went to the leisure centre today for a good clean and hair wash – pensioner rates too. John attacked some of the rust on Dunlin and all the red oxide paint looks like a bad bout of measles. Once the sun came out mid-afternoon we downed tools for the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb