Cartagena,Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 6th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.6057, -0.991293

Our excursion for the day was entitled La Manga and Roman Theatre, what a bore! The guide was quite boring, repeating herself endlessly, gave us a chance to catch up on our sleep on the way to La Manga, which turned out to be a very pretty tourist resort on a long thin spit which has the Med on one side and some other sea on the other, very pretty but unless you were actually holidaying there a bit of a waste of time to visit. We did get out of the bus and walk up a hill to a light house, nice bit of exercise for the day and stop at a cafe for a drink and yummy pastry, I also won the race for the loo out of all the old slow ladies on the bus....shows ya how slow they actually are when broken rib girl beats them!

We then had another half hour nap in the bus before stopping at Cartagena to see the Roman theatre, which was interesting but the tour moved at snails pace and by this time I was well over it, so Stephen and I ditched them - did our own quick tour, had a wander round Cartagena's little touristy shops, place was packed with us and another cruise ship in port, a wedding happening, the festival of the cross happening and a town with teeny little narrow streets, so had a nice walk back to the ship where we grabbed a quick lunch before sunning ourselves by the pool.

I even went for a swim, water was freezing, but you quickly warmed up in lovely early summer sunshine (that bits for all our fellow kiwis who are enjoying the start of winter!).

We turned up for the music trivia quiz but the guy running it was more a movie buff so was really a movie/ music quiz which we were not the best at, however for a team of two ( one writing the answers and one answering, I will leave you to work out who did what!) we did pretty well with over half right.

Another scrummy 3 course dinner, a few wines and another play at the casino, I'm already one of their fav people and now get my drinks in the casino for free....go me! I'm sure I'm paying for them one way or another!

We know the people on each side of our cabin are enjoying their cruise, hear them most nights, walls really need to be a little thicker or better noise insulated!

Tomorrow we had a free day planned but Stephen and Garry have decided to go to the rock of Gibraltar, Andrea and I went... meh.... So they are going and we are going to go shopping and look round on our own.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 4; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb