Cruise


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 4th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.4702, -0.376804

Boarding for the cruise didn't start until after noon so after yesterday's pretty much aborted shopping trip we decided to fit in a couple of hours retail therapy before heading to the ship.

Grabbed a taxi and headed to the diagonal mall, wandered about the shops bought a few bits and bobs, had lunch in the half closed food court best of a very limited choice was a place that looked like a more upmarket KFC drink choices were water, fizzy drink out of soda machine or beer, which we thought a little odd in a food court in a mall.

Headed back to the hotel grabbed our bags and took a taxi to the port around 2.30pm. Missed the big rush of people who would have been there at noon so only queued for ten minutes or so before quick photo and walking straight onboard.

Had checked out our state room and was just about to grab a second lunch when we spotted Andrea and Garry coming onboard so greeted them like long lost friends much to the bemusement of the other passengers milling about. The rest of the day was spent in just getting ourselves unpacked and settled in, eating, drinking, a wee gamble and then bed. Ocean very calm and pleasant.

Valencia, Spain

Unfortunately our planned excursion was cancelled as there were not enough people to go ahead with it. As our tour was a cycling tour and looking around at the general age of those onboard we can see why, the average age on this cruise is way older than the last med cruise we did, not really sure why. We looked at a few other excursions but nothing really appealed so we decided to just go have a wander around on our own. We found a bullring and museum so had a look through couldn't get into the bullring itself as there was an event planned for later in the week. Pretty much spent most of the day just having a look around. Pretty city, every second shop was over the top party frocks for very fancy functions or wedding dress shops, not sure who wears all these fancy clothes as certainly not street wear! Came back to the ship for lunch around 2, a wee nap, Stephen and Garry played in a darts tournament. A few drinks, dinner, a show (not me I casinoed) and bed. Not very blog worthy I'm sorry but was an enjoyable day).

Andrea and Garry not at all enthused with their excursion so pleased we didn't bother booking anything else.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb