Hop on hop off , hop on , hop off , hop on


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 6th 2017
Published: May 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Aparthotel breakfast was substantial , leaving us wanting for nothing. Protein , carbs , fibre and caffeine. Picked up the Barcelona hop on hop off tourista bus and took a look at the city. Architecture is phenom , of course there is only one Goudi and his presentations all look like oompa loompa land.

The lineups at all of his buildings were hours long to get inside and honestly, prebooking tickets was required, they were all sold out for the day. Walked La Rambla , which really was too too busy. It wasnt long before we were fed up with the crowds and meandered the side streets. Much to our delight we found, unintentionally, the Gotic area. Once all encapsulated by a wall, the original city was , well , way cool. Spent an hour in the maze of narrow streets, alleys and cubbies just exploring. I imagined myself as a marauding soldier trying to advance with my troops into the cities heart, you know ,Game of Thrones style.

There is a massive market just of LaRambla , fresh fish , meat , fruits and veggies. You ever look at some fish species and wonder , who first thought that edible! The market was like negotiating a sold out rock concert. Everyone tightly jammed into a confined space looking for the best viewpoint. A perfect op for scoundrels , looking for extra cash to buy , fish?

Found a bistro for beers and chips, super busy in town, important Football match on the Weekend.

Largest number of Scooters registered in any European City and a hoot to watch the shenanigans. Bill noticed lots of young woman wearing high heels on their motorbikes , yikes!

Nice dinner out ,but again pricey. We decided that it was our last need to eat out so we put frugality aside and enjoyed our meal.

All communicators are up and functioning , our lost luggage arrived , so Kate was exuberant., lights out for sleepies!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb