Barcelona Baby!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
May 5th 2017
Published: May 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our friends , Bill and Kathie , came in on the Rouge flt yesterday ( Thursday ) morning. Kathy and I had a really nice breakkie at the airport hotel. Not normally what you would expect. Fresh fruit , cheese and yogurt, delightfully enticing croissants and caffeine +++ coffee. All quality ingredients that result in a really nice meal.

There was a Customs computer breakdown that morning-so they spent close to 2 hours along with 600 others trying to get clearance into Spain. We hired a car and driver to take us into town , 45 Euros, completely worth it. About 35 mins travelling.

The Aparthotel is in a cool area and was/is nicer than what the photos had portrayed.

Kathy, Kathie and I went for a walkabout while Bill slept.

Just up the street from the hotel for dinner. Interesting gastro delight. Potato chips with a drizzled honey sauce, I believe the most flavourable olives I have had, mushrooms with a poached egg folded in at the table . Paella for Bill and I And probably a couple of local draft beers. Kathy had Duck with a pear compote and Kathie Z had chicken Canelloni with truffle.

Prices were a little much we felt, but all equivalents here seem to be about 40% more than back in the Wack.

Super tired and ready for some prone. My bed sucks! Kathie said she would trade , wasn't that sweet. I"d rather be a hater.

Looking out of our window on the 4 th floor , into the courtyard , was some dude fishing his pants with a rod and reel from the ground. We figured it was his laundry , that someone was attaching , saving him the 4 story stairwell climb. Kathie said they were wrinkled jeans , and he was very pleased with his task.

Our bathroom has a Bidet , Kathie Z was concerned about slipping into it. I'll leave the story at that


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb