Kate and Kim searching for Penguins


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region
October 14th 2017
Published: October 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Kim and Kate " Hangin with the Penguins"



A daily, maybe, account of our shenannigans, on the latest adventure.

First , Kim and Kate are actually Michael Kim and Mary Kathryn. Married 35 years, retired. We live "up the valley" from the west coast Canadian city of Vancouver.

We both had careers in the airline industry although Kate's was earlier in her life.

I would say we were fairly effective travellers , having a good understanding of the industry , but spoiled as ex crew members. Security, Customs and Immigration take on a different look when not operating the flight.

Jet lag, early mornings and long days still have that same look.

I am certain we are considered seasoned world travellers. Must be, I have a ball cap from The Jet Lag Club in Narita , Japan that confirms it. Ah yes , its a pub frequented by Airline Crew .

We met a great couple on a Panama Cruise , Phil and Monica , who live in Britain.

Best thing about travelling are the people that you meet and share your time with.

We keep in touch via Skype with them. They were excited to tell us about their upcoming Penguin trip to the Falklands and asked if we had any interest!

Holland American Cruise Lines is one of a few that provide the means. 16 days , departing from Santiago Chile around the Cape , up the East Coast and terminating in Rio . With lots of Penguins sightings in between. Kate says she always wanted to interact with Penguins .

Lots of travel blogs and video accounts of this particular cruise available, both online and in print.

We would like to invite you to share our adventure with us online. Comment, ask questions, request reviews or photos.

We will provide tips and recommendations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb