Salou-Montpellier


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 7th 2011
Published: June 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Left the lovely Salou caravan park after a great week of sun and relaxation. Our first stop however was only a few kms down the road because we had an appointment to get one of the tyres on the van repaired. Seems we are finding a caravan repair place in every town we go to. Just part of the experience I suppose. Drove north towards the French border past Barcelona and then stopped at a beach side town called Castello d’Empuries – about 20km from the Spain/France border. Nice town with lots of very, very expensive boat shops and nice marinas. Only stayed 2 nights. Oh….. when we first arrived we had to find another caravan repair shop. The top hatch had somehow blown off the caravan while we were traveling. Luckily the whole inside of the van wasn’t saturated as we had driven through a storm.

10-06-11
Another day of driving – about 250 km. Crossed back over into France. The countryside we are seeing is beautiful. Lots of mountains on one side and then glimpses of the Med on the other. Trevor is doing a great job of driving considering the traffic – quite heavy with huge numbers of trucks on the roads. Toll roads are quite expensive too so sometimes we set the GPS to take us different routes which is quite good because we see smaller villages than we would on the toll road.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th June 2011

Nice Mates
Trev, You need to start dressing like your mates, expect to see you in your budgie smugglers socks and sneaker when you get back to Kingaroy. I hope you are a great time.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb