France-Italy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 17th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

11/06/11
We have spent about 5-7 days travelling to various parts of the French Riveria. This is such a beautiful part of the world with amazing scenery at every turn. Again, we see rugged mountains and then the shimmering blue of the Med. Sea. We have visited Nice and Monaco and once again, Trevor has been drooling over some of the boats in the various marinas. We all went swimming (yes, even Trish) at Nice. The beaches are always full – the weather is so warm and sunny.
Would love to spend more time here but have decided to do a 7 night Mediterranean cruise on the MSC Lirica. The ship leaves on Friday 17th (Trevor’s birthday) so we need to be in Genoa, Italy by at least Thursday.

15/06/11
Crossed over from France into Italy. The motorway (very expensive and regular tolls) takes us along the coast between the countries and we drive over some huge bridges which are basically hanging over the cliff edge. Scenery…..amazing!!!
Lots of tunnels on this leg of our journey.
Found a van park in La Vesima, about 18km from Genoa. Extremely expensive with very little facilities. Not even enough power to boil the jug for a cup of coffee!!! Will only stay for 2 days until we catch the cruise ship.
Took a trip into Genoa and did the Hop on Hop off bus. Saw Christopher Columbus’ house when he was growing up before leaving on his travels. Very busy city with crazy driving. Lots of scooters and motorbikes. Waited for ever for a bus back to van park and ended up catching a taxi.

Off on cruise tomorrow. Can’t wait. Out of range for at least a week.

Love from us all.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



26th June 2011

Looks like all is well. Hope Trevor had a good birthday!!!. Glad to see there were some clouds in the sky - would have been terrible if it was only sunny all the time ;-)
27th June 2011

Was that you snorkling Trish!!!! Glad your having a great time you will have lots of memories,might as well do what you can while your over there, there is some beautiful country. All well here, Take care xxx

Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb