Cruising


Advertisement
Europe
June 17th 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Took the bus and train to the cruise terminal. Checked-in and then waited a while before going on ship. Taken to our cabin. Very nice balcony cabin – large even had its own bathtub. Had lunch in the buffet. It is rather nice not to have to find a place to eat or try to understand the language before we can order. Having said that, there were probably only about 70 English speaking people on the ship and we met about 5 of them. Really enjoyed the relaxing and not driving.
The cruise took us to Ajecchio on Corsica (home of Napoleon Bonaparte). We went off the boat and did a city tour. Next stop was the Port of Rome. It is about a 2hr drive from Rome so we didn’t go in. Had a look around Port and then back on boat for lunch. Next stop was Salerno on the Amalfi Coast. Amazing views from our balcony of rugged cliffs and old forts. After that stop we had a day at sea and then called into Palma (on the Spanish island of Majorca). Very beautiful, lots of tourists.
Last day was Marseille and then back to Genoa. Had a great week with sunshine everyday, and temps of around 28 degrees. Talked to mum and she said Kingaroy had a temp of -2. Think we might stay here while. Spent lots of time by the pool ordering exotic drinks. Meals were great. Trevor was a bit disappointed in the fact that we couldn’t socialize much – lots of Italians and Germans. We did see some dolphins one day while standing on our balcony. That was exciting. Was a great week but looking forward to getting back to the van and continuing with our travels.

Caught the train and then taxi back to caravan park. Picked up van and then decided to head north towards Swiss border. Nathan is disappointed not to go to Pisa but we told him he can come back with his mates when he is older and do that trip. He is now planning that – look out Harry, Cooper, Oliver, Elijah (probably Baxter too).




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



28th June 2011

to nathan
Oliver Likes the banana milkshake Nathan is drinking and would like to have one as well, could Nathan pack one. He is all keen for holiday with Nathan to pisa, switserland, lego land hell even long reach at stage, (lily wants to know if she come with - Oliver said yes but will have to check with everyone else) having school holidays at the moment, Its fun but cold.
30th June 2011

What a life!
Reading your blogs and seeing all the pictures is wonderful. A great way to find out what you are up to. Holidays now for us. Enjoying the fire here. Love Na
2nd July 2011

Blogging
Reading and enjoying your blogs and great pics Did Simon give you his Dads address in Chur? LOve you all

Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb