Life on the boat Cadiz - Lanzarote


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
August 20th 2009
Published: August 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A new day has dawned and I am well relaxed after a good nights sleep and a quick breakfast. We are somewhere out on the atlantic on the way to Lanzarote.My fellow cabin companions are a good lot.Two are living on Fuerteventura and the other is a German,Uwe,who is delivering a car to Lanzarote.All seem to be of aroundabout the same age grouping.Last night , Uwe and myself had a few beers after dinner before retiring to bed at about midnight.This morning we were allowed down to the garage to check our vehichles.I was a bit concerned about the ropes tying the bike down but it was not a problem. Straps are provided but I would reccomend also having a length of washing line or Tie down straps to be really secure.The heat in the garage is tremendous,nearly 50 degrees so do not leave anything down there which could be affected.This boat i(The "Murillo" ) is one of the newer in the fleet but is not as well equipped as the other which also does the route. We have no WIFI,no swimming pool,only 2 bars , no disco etc,etc.There are a lot of containers on board and one has the feeling that that is the main source of income.The company who took over from TRANSMED, ACCIONA have also changed the route.Lanzarote is first port of call with a journey time of about 30 Hours.From there the boat goes to Gran Canaria, Tenerife and finally the island of La Palma. It is apparently planned for the future to have a stop in Fuerteventura.
Our weather outside is Calima (sand in the air) and about 3 to 4 wind strength with very little wave action.The Temperature is about 30 degrees. We will arrive in Lanzarote at about 23.00 and I was a little worried because my back light was not working on the bike.Having just come from the Garage I am happy to report that it is now working !!! Looks like the dreaded Gremlins are at work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb