Pineres de Pria to La Isla


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 1st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 24


Tuesday 21st April




After a well-deserved sleep in until 9am, we made the short walk into Ribadiesella for breakfast. The weather was once again spectacular with sunny skies and warm temperatues. We stopped at a great paddock with lovely ocean views for lunch, then on again to join the beach, where Dav and Ben decided to have a dip in the freezing waters. The brave chaps made it in, but were also pretty quick at getting out again not surprisingly! (not that I can say much as I watched from the shore wrapped up in a jumper..)



It was then on the last 2km to complete the 32km day to our destination for the night at La Isla. At the albergue we met Elisabeth again, having been slightly behind her for the last couple of days. After a quick shower and rest, the 5 of us headed down to the bar for dinner, meeting up with Rod, a pilgrim from Switzerland whom we had met earlier in the day. Originally from Germany, Rod is researching the Camino for a TV documentary they are thinking of making for a Swiss TV channel. Plus he is also wanting to write a German guide on the northern route as there are not many available.



We had a delicious menu-del-dia and a good time, before calling it a night and heading back to the albergue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb