Somwhere near Llames to Pineres de Pria


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 1st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 23


Monday 20th April



We were up and off early as we weren´t too keen on an early morning wake-up by an angry farmer...



The walk into Llames took a little longer than expected as we accidently took a sligthly longer path (an extra 2km or so) that wrapped around a golf course... sounds a bit suspicious doesn´t it..! However, it did offer spectacular views of the ocean and we did eventually make it into town where we were finally able to satisfy our starving bellies.



Past Llames we passed through a town called Poo, so the extremely mature individuals that we are, a few photo shots were needed before we could continue on our way..



On a little further we came accross a fantastic deserted cathedral in the middle of nowhere. It was built in the 1100´s and the inside of the cathedral was still in pristine condition, with lovely wooden beams and marble finish. But then you step outside and all the surrounding buildings are in varying states of ruin, with broken windows and weeds taking over. It was really facinating to imagine how grand it all once was, and the people who must have lived in the buildings and played in the nearby fields. And talk about position, postition, position! The area was in a grassy field with mountain views, with the fields all leading down to a lovely river, which continued on for another few hundred metres where it ran into the San antolin beach. Lovely.



We eventually made it to Pineres de Pria where there was meant to be an albergue.... We had a little trouble finding it, and then were told that it was actually closed... Luckily (oh so luckily after 29km and aching feet) we discovered a little private pension nearby. It was a refurbished garage, made into a self contained area, with an attic area with beds, and bathroom, small kitchen and eating area. Was gorgeous and oh so fantastic as it meant that we were done with walking for another day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

- Day 23 -


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb