Colombres to somewhere near Llames


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 1st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The beach!The beach!The beach!

- Day 22 -

Day 22


Sunday 19th April




Up and out of the hostel by 8am... we are getting good at the early starts! We walked throught town and then down a muddy hill to join up with the highway down the bottom. I got a surprise call from Dad and Dawn with was lovely - waas quite weird to imagine them sitting in the shed at home and here I was trapsing through muddy bushland in the middle of Spain!



The day was really beautiful, with some lovely coastal views. We stopped for lunch in a field, lazily not moving for a good hour and a half! The weather was just lovely and frankly it was much more pleasant to enjoy it from a seated position than walking!



We stopped briefly at De Arenillas, a blowhole, but the conditions weren´t right so it was basically just a pile of rocks. Not very spectacular, so on we trudged.



In the earlya fternoon, we found a great campsite in a field with only a short walk to a gorgeous river, so we said goodbye to Elizabeth who was
WalkingWalkingWalking

- Day 22 -
continuing on, and setup camp for the night. We then walked back to the river where we hung around, playing cards. PS we played 500 and the girls thrashed the boys.

Back at camp it was some more lovely chirizo stew and then off to bed for an early night´s sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

LunchtimeLunchtime
Lunchtime

- Day 22 -
Our campsiteOur campsite
Our campsite

- Day 22 -


Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb