San Vincente to Colombres


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 1st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 21


Saturday 18th April




With the knee brace, Dav was feeling a lot better so the plan this day was for Dav to catch a bus to Unquera, and then for all of us to walk the last 3km to our destination for the night in Colombres. This would mean that he could get a feel for how his knee was managing, without having to tackle a 25km day straight away.



The walk out of San Vincente was really nice, through lots of green fields and baby animals. Our first animal encounter of the day was being able to watch a farmer heard his sheep up the hill with the help of his trusty canine. A short while later we saw a very very newborn calf resting peacefully next to his mum, and then the absolute highlight of the day was our next encounter with a group of calves aged about 3 months. They were ridiculously cute and inquesitive and we all got some fantastic photos.



After bushbashing our way through muddy hills and prickly bushes, we eventually made it into Unquera at about 1.30pm and met Dav for some lunch. Dav´s knee held up pretty well with the walk into Colombres which was great, and we checked into the hostel. The Spanish guys had already made it there for the night but were luckily in another room... although it was next door so we were praying that the walls weren´t too thin!



After a quick shower and siesta, the 5 of us (including our Austrian friend Elisabeth) headed to a local bar for dinner and some cards. The Spanish guys were also there and we had a bit of a chat with them. It was their last day the next day, as they were finished their week´s walking for the year and were due to head home to wives and jobs, etc. They turned out to be a very funny bunch of guys, saying that we could sleep in their room if we wanted one more night of snoring, or that they could possibly send us a tape recording if we missed it!



PS We could hear his snoring that night, but only a gently rumble....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Scenic viewsScenic views
Scenic views

- Day 21 -
SheepSheep
Sheep

- Day 21 -
The snorer!The snorer!
The snorer!

- Day 21 -


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb