Comillas to San Vincente


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
April 30th 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Blue skies!Blue skies!Blue skies!

- Day 20 -

Day 20


Friday 17th April




Similar start to the day, with Dav staying behind to catch the bus, while Ben, Lauren and I headed off. The weather was once again fantastic, with glorious sunshine heating my pale body.



The walk was a relatively short one being only 14km, and so we arrived into town about midday, again meeting Dav at the albergue. San Vincente is a really pretty town, with ocean front and a snowy mountain backdrop. The albergue is privately run by an older enthusiastic couple, who also provide dinner and breakfast, all for a donation. Pretty good deal, even if they are a little crazy,



Given the gorgeous weather, we found a patch of grass to eat our lunch, before curling up in the sunshine with a book, soaking up the warmth while we could.



A few hours later the Spanish guys also turned up at the same albergue.... and all of our faces dropped! We had hoped that they would walk further on, and they too had hope that we had walked further on so that we wouldn´t be subjected to his snoring another night! It was quite funny. They turned out to be lovely guys and very sypathetic to our lack of sleep. The have been walking the Camino in one week spurts during their mutual holidays, so it will take them close to 10 years to actually complete it and arrive in Santiago. Over this time they have luckily become immune to their mate's deafening nighttime symphony, but have a lot of sympathy for other pilgrims and try to space their night stops so that no one has to endure it continuously.



Later in the afternoon, Dav and I walked into town where we bought him a knee brace from a pharmacy (takes a lot of charade-like hand movements to try to buy such weird items!) So, hopefully, the brace wil give his knee the support it needs so that he can keep walking...



Back at the albergue in time for a dinner, and then we all hit the sack, exhausted from our previous night and desperate to get some shuteye before old mate snorer hit the sack.... We did get to sleep but unfortunately, inevidably so did our mate, and so we
Ben and LaurenBen and LaurenBen and Lauren

- Day 20 -
were all soon staring at the ceiling above us as he rattled away. Luckily we had a plan B, with Ben heading to a bed in the far corner and managing to get back to sleep, while Dav, Lauren and I all took our sleeping bags and slept out in the dining area, finally getting some well deserved sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb