Break down


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pack up day, moving on, we have now defiantly got into the swing of taking things slow and eventually leaving round 4pm We shared the morning with Neil and Sharne, matt helping out with Neil’s Tom Tom that was giving him some grief we chatted for a couple of hours about our different travelling experiences.. Heading Andorra way we decided that Zolagloa was probably the best place to stay the night, so let’s go. We reached a town call Guadalajara and re fuelled and were about 20km down the road when mechanical difficulties arose we had no gears they were not going to play ball, unable to get into fifth gear and then subsequent gears we pulled into a Truck stop for investigation. Opps we won’t be going anywhere soon. Breakdown was called, and we were put through to lovely chap who happened to be based in Amersdam, after a few phone calls we were advised that a tow truck would be on the way to collect us and access the problem, at this stage it was 11pm, A quick lesson from our Spanish book re breakdown words, etc, the tow truck arrived 40 mins later. Our Spanish lesson didn’t help , way out of our depths , but fortunaly the person who was dealing with our enquiry in Amsterdam , was extremely helpful in calling us at intervals to see how we were going and spoke Spanish, so he spoke directly to the Tow truck driver and sorted our lives out. As we were informed the van was going nowhere on it own, it was winched on to the back of the tow truck we were advised to pack some gear and we were to be taken to a Hotel for the night, in which we were delivered to the door and checked in by our HERO, (our tow truck man) and he was going to deliver our van to the VW dealer in Guadalajara the next morning for us. Fortunately you can see that even though a little hassle , things couldn’t have gone any smoother , a VW dealer in the town that we were now staying , Lyds had a chance to chill out at Hotel the, insurance were covering the hotel stay and most importantly both Matt and I were fine, its all in the adventure. Its pretty late so will get back to you on progress tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.53s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb