Guagalajara day 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Matt woke up early to meet the tow truck driver at the VW Garage as he knew what was wrong with the gears. No major damage just a couple of parts required, we had our fingers crossed that as things seemed to have gone smoothly considering , we would be back on the road in a couple of days. The call came from Matt how hirlisously is this, yes they can fix it on the 16th JULY, you must be joking two weeks stuck in Guadalajara, and this was not going to cut the custard. So not ones to muck around, Matt jumped on the Garage computer downloaded the goggle language translated so the mechanic and matt could communicate, matt negotiated with the Mechanic to find the parts on the net which maracisiously were in the Madrid Garage about 1 hour away and arranged for the parts to be sent to arrive the next day and with a large amount of Kiwi persuasion the mechanic was going to do his best. Sorted -so we though the next day we receive a call from the insurance company who to there credit keeping in contact with us and the garage, informed us that the parts were not sent!!!!!.(The 16th July was looking pretty right). Friday was now the day .So the insurance company organised on our behalf a hire car from Avis all we needed to do was rock up, we rocked up only to be told that they didn’t except our type of visa, things seemed not to be going well so we took to Guadalajara and spent the day looking around, had a great snack the Janbon restaurant and then took ourselves to one of there parks for a breathe and a few very cold beers as it was 36 degrees. We were just about to dose when the mechanic called and said the van is ready, well don’t ask me were they got the parts but no complaints we caught a cab to the garage to reunite ourselves with no only our van, but our studio flat on wheels. We purchased some beer for the mechanic as a BIG thank with kisses all round from me, they seemed to appreciate the beer!.

It wasn’t too late to go, but as I mentioned early were had had a few two many cold ones so the insurance company kindly said to say another night and have a fresh start n the morning.
NOTE - Recommend EURO ASSIST for breakdowns they were the best.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb