Tarifa


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 30th 2005
Published: June 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

W3rd, we are at Tarifa. It is a huge, nice, sandy beach where wind constantly blows across, strong wind too. This beach is the kitesurfing capital of the world. Naturally, I(Nick) had to try it. It has been really fun so far, i took lessons, and made it to level two yesturday. Therefore today i get to rent my own kite and board and go kitesurfing! Yesturday i was able to get up and control the kite for about 100m, it was really fun and way harder than you might think. You need to control the kite, while riding the board over waves and in the wind. It is really complicated to make the kite do what you want. The city is cool too, there are lots of surf shops, and good food restuarantes, unlike some of the others we have tried. We leave tomorrow for Seville, i think that is how its spelt...


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



2nd July 2005

Hello from Maple Ridge
I (Patty - I am at Sandra's) have just enjoyed reading all the things you two have been up to in Spain. It sounds very exciting and culturally rich. I am just heading out to the Ridge Meadows Hospital to meet up with Sandra and Randy. He just left the house a couple of minutes ago in the ambulance - he has a fever and the doctor wants to find out the cause. He seems okay otherwise although really tired and sleeping a lot. This the result of the radiation. On a more up-beat note, we just finished all of Emily's graduation events and it was just great! A good time was had by all! Hope you enjoy Seville, and I hope Nick got a good ride going on the kite sailing! See you soon - plans are underway for Woodside Daze the weekend of Aug 5th.
4th July 2005

Your Journal
Hello Gloria and Nick: Michael forwarded your journal, this blog sure is a neat progam, with your entries and pictures. Yesterday Barbara, Christopher and Benny were here, we all enjoyed reading about your trip, I wish I was there, too. Have a good trip,we are waiting for the next entries! Love, Oma and Opa
6th July 2005

Nick, Kitesurfing looks totally cool. Brian would be jealous! The beach at Tarifa looks amazing. Sounds like you and your Mom are having a great trip. We'll look forward to seeing your photos when you get home.

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb