Ronda to Tarifa


Advertisement
Europe
July 1st 2005
Published: July 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

RondaRondaRonda

Living cliffside
We arrived in Ronda by way of the round about, that means we went round about and round about before we found the correct 'calle' we were looking for. I am sure happy we were renting the mini cooper, it is so easy to park and make your way around in these old parts of town. The B&B we stayed in was in the old side of town, and you had to park and then walk to the house. The woman running the house had lived in the states and was fluent in English, but was originally from Armenia. She was really nice, although the resteraunt she directed us to was nothing to write home about (except that I am!) We ate very little of what we ordered as it was SOOO salty. It seems Spain does like to make things salty, and sometimes it is just too much. The town of Ronda is built on the edge of a cliff, with a very high bridge connecting the old part of the city to the new. The only problem is that rainfall has been minimal in this part of Spain for the last half year and the river is very low.
RondaRondaRonda

Garden park
As a result it absolutely stinks, so although the photos are amazing, the 3D effect is not quite so nice. Nick and I hiked down to the river despite this, and despite 38 degree temp. We are becoming accustomed to the temperature, although a swim would be nice.
The drive through from Ronda to the coast was quite slow due to road construction, but the views were like nothing I have seen anywhere before. Some areas look very much like a lunar landscape, while in the mountains there are white washed villages perched on the edges of the mountains, almost always with a castle at teh very top. We were happy to see the ocean again after spending several days inland. The temperature dropped to a more reasonable and almost cold 23 degrees by the ocean in Tarifa. Wow the beach is gorgeous with white sand as far as you can see, and apparently as many kitesurfs as people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

RondaRonda
Ronda

Hiking down
RondaRonda
Ronda

The Ronda Bridge historical place of execution
RondaRonda
Ronda

Nick
RondaRonda
Ronda

Click on full size...Would you trust this terrace?
RondaRonda
Ronda

the roads we take


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb