Lazy Sunday in Sunny Malaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
February 9th 2020
Published: February 9th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Day 21. 9thFeb (Sunday)

Got up at around 9:30 so a good lie-in for me.

Bit worried about Mike’s flight as hear that gales are battering the UK. Also thought that he was flying from Gatwick where there were many long delays, but as it turned out, he came from Stanstead and arrived about 1pm.

John & Cath had already gone out to enjoy the sunny day and I stayed in the flat to greet Mike. After he had drank a cuppa and relaxed a while, we rang Cath and arranged to meet her & John at the beach. A nice pleasant stroll through the pedestrianised centre and down to the dock-side where a very large vehicle ferry was docked which apparently goes to Melilla (yet another Spanish enclave in Northern Morocco – they have at least 3 and yet still complain about us having Gibraltar!)

We eventually found them near the posh yacht dock and we all strolled back to the beach where we found a cafe and they all drank beer and I had a mango juice. Good kids play area nearby which will be useful when John & Cath’s grandchildren visit next week. The sand looked like builders sand, quite sharp, John says it’s been dumped there to create a beach, maybe so. There were palm parasols there shading sunbeds, rather like Agadir…

After a while, when the sun was not shining on us anymore, and a cool wind was blowing from the East, we wandered off into the pedestrianised centre again and found a cafe that was not too overpriced. Me & Mike stayed there drinking cafe-au-laits and John & Cath returned to the flat for a change of clothes.

When they returned we went to a pizza place nearby and ate there, although Mike & I had pasta dishes instead of pizzas. Mine was olive, chilli, anchovies & capers in an olive oil & tomato sauce on tagliatelle pasta, very nice and rather piquant. All washed down with a bottle of nice red Shiraz wine. I decided to pay (€60 with tip) as they have been feeding me each night whilst I’ve been in Spain. We were then each given a glass of a Baileys type spirit for free at the end.

They all went off to Shakeys (Shakespeare’s – an English pub nearby) and I came back to the flat alone for a lie down (and to type this).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb