Day 6 & 7 - Leaving Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
March 16th 2018
Published: March 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Gothic Quarter


Day 6 & 7 - Today is a quiet day after the 12 km hike thru the sections of Barcelona. Wandered thru the Gothic quarter and the Jewish quarter. Tiny shops hidden in each of the narrow streets. All sorts of shops that sell souvenirs, Bogadio’s (sandwiches) meats , fruits and lots of small restaurants.

As we were shopping I heard a loud crowd over a couple of streets. Decided to wander over there and found Placa Reiyal. A square surrounded by restaurants and pubs. The noise was coming from Jimmy’s pub where a group of Chelsea supporters had gathered to get ready for the evenings match between Chelsea and Barcelona in the second leg of the Champions League playoffs.

We located a nice bar that had tapas and sat down to be entertained by the boisterous singing in the square. Beside us was a couple from South London and between the 4 of us we managed to consume a massive amount of beer, wine and sangria. Jo and Steven let us know what the words were to all of these songs (some of which are not publishable but were about anatomical parts). They turned out to be a great couple but sadly were cheering for the losing side. We will be passing along our condolences.

We staggered back to our hotel after having dinner and get ready for the next day where we are boarding the ship for the cruise.

In the morning we had time for a short walk to La Rambles, a wide street full of more shopping.

Off to board the Ship and tomorrow is a sea day. I could post a lot of pictures of open water but I think I will wait for Casablanca.

May not be another post until we get better internet connection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Jo & StevenJo & Steven
Jo & Steven

lots of drinking.... LOTS
Elke's interviewElke's interview
Elke's interview

school students
Cleaning glass doorCleaning glass door
Cleaning glass door

This poor guy is trying to clean the paint from some moron's tag the night before.. he kept being interupted by customers opening and closing the door.. i will get the video on youtube.


Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb