Spain: Pants Optional


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
March 3rd 2005
Published: March 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Mandatory at LunchMandatory at LunchMandatory at Lunch

Here is some Paella, which is particularly famous in Valencia. Spanish people have to eat some every day. Or they die.
Hey kids,

Pia here, reporting from Valencia, where the sun shines all the time and people take it slow. Or something like that. Maybe I shouldn´t be in advertising.

The remainder of our time in England can be summed up by the following: mid-morning gambling, cold, Australians, cream tea, museums, horrid fish and chips, sleep, hippies, airport. There you go. We spent Tuesday night in Stansted airport, where we got zero sleep and ate a full English breakfast at 3:30 a.m. Once we got off the plane in Spain, we had no idea what to do, so we quickly latched on to a few other Canadian travelers, and somehow made it to our hostel.

Okay. The hostel. When we got there, there was just this huge wooden door, which was locked...then this man let us in, and told us we were the first two customers, which we thought was a little odd, but shrugged it off. He took us to all the floors of this beautiful, brand new place, and then up to our room where it´s just the two of us staying. Then he told us that there was no hot water, but that it would be fixed in the next few hours. Then he told us that it gets cold at night, but we didn´t really believe him. Now it´s almost 24 hours later, and we still don´t have any hot water, it got so freaking cold that we wore pretty much all of our clothes to bed, and construction workers woke us up this morning. Ah, good times. No, it´s not that bad; I´m just all disgruntled and pessimistic because I really, really want to shower. Seriously, you cannot imagine how badly. On a positive note, cafe con leche = my new favourite thing ever!

The hostel aside, Spain is beautiful and relaxing, and the people here seem generally much friendlier than the Brits. Liz has been using her Spanish lots, and I have been saying "Si, si" to everything anyone says to me, which will probably get me into trouble soon. We went for paella yesterday, and it was delish.

Okay, that´s all for now. Take care of yourselves and be good! Oh, also, Liz has issued you all a stern warning: "Email us, bitches! We´re damn lonely." Uh...okay, we´re not *that* lonely, but yes, comments/emails are always appreciated.

Check it,
Pia

Advertisement



3rd March 2005

Okay okay... Where do we email to?
Hey guys... If memory serves me correctly, Spain has tons of wacky festivals. Are you going to see/partake in any of them? As well, how do you want us to email you guys? Are comments like these fine? Flip side... Check you there! - Brian
4th March 2005

Pia, Pia, Pia
What the fuck do you mean the english are rude!!!!! We are some of the most fucking polite poople in the ENTIRE world!!!! ENTIRE. Shrug. -but I love and miss you anyway- Hugs and kisses - Sarah
6th March 2005

Hello ladies
wow, it's great to finally see pia add an entry! hehe. just wanted to let you know that it is great to see what you guys are up to so keep the entries coming. hope you are happy and safe. - Heidi
12th March 2005

Seems like you two are having lots of fun!!! Happy for you. Miss you, jealous of you.... anyway be very careful every where ans stay safe. - Anitha Mathew

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb