And then a big black cloud came and covered the Spanish East Coast


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
March 6th 2022
Published: March 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We had been warned. We had seen it on the weather forecast. Well several actually as, as you do, we checked others having found we didn't like the first one. No use. They were all of one mind, it was going to rain for 48 hours and rain it did.
I know there are lots of Spanish people who are saying....oh good, we need rain to fill the reservoirs but I do wish they could have waited until we had enjoyed just a little bit more dry and sunny weather. If I had wanted to see so much rain I could have stayed at home but this trip was for a bit of winter sun. I must not complain. We have had wonderful weather up to now and the fact that the temperature is now down to 10 degrees and it is certainly sunnier and probably warmer at home is irrelevant. ???????

Got out of bed rather late as the sound of rain on a motorhome roof is not conducive to early rising. So glad we have the hire car though as if we were, as we used to be, just with scooter we would have been stuck in the van all day.
Bob plotted a Tomtom route to Valencia to the central beach area and off we went in the rain. This whole area is pretty amazing, so well laid out, for car, buses, cyclists and joggers and then there is the beach which is golden sand which stretches to the south to the docklands area. Today it was wet sand so didn't walk on it as it looked to be very sticky when wet. There were a few brave souls out with their boards who looked pretty chilly. Love the buildings we are seeing here in this Valencian region of Spain. So many painted in different colours and sometimes some lovely tiles. Even in the rain my camera continues to click.

We paddled a little through the puddles and kept our hoods up against the rain and had a bit of a stroll. We were of course looking for somewhere to get a drink and I spotted the perfect place right at the back of the beach. Fantastic decor and the olives and crisps were welcome too. Did I mention I meant to order chips but accidentally ordered crisps instead. No problem. Just what we needed.

Bob took us a different way back in the car round the top of the city, the way he had expected to come when we drove in last week but ended up in the busy centre in the motorhome. So back to the campsite and dinner was prebooked at the campsite restaurant so no cooking for once. It was raining so hard we drove there from our pitch. More rain tomorrow and forecast says even heavier with an orange warning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb